Thread: [SOLVED] DNS .local domain with .co.uk zimbra mail server

Default [SOLVED] DNS .local domain with .co.uk zimbra mail server

Hi all,

I am deploying Zimbra as a secondary mail server to MS Exchange 2007 and plan to completely replace Exchange when all accounts are eventually migrated, but the issue I have is that our domain is set as a .local domain (mydomain.local) and our email domain is (my-domain.co.uk), we also have no internal MX record either as our emails are sent to us via an SMTP feed from our ISP's mailfilter (so the MX record is that filter).

When I go to setup Zimbra and set a static IP address, and point it to our MS DNS server its named zimbra.mydomain.local, so after installation I end up with a mydomain.local admin account and email domain, should I just ignore this domain and add a new email domain to zimbra for my-domain.co.uk (then set as default) and whenever I need to log into the administrators console log in as admin@mydomain.local or is there another way to just setup zimbra with just my my-domain.co.uk?

Other than that everything seems to work perfectly and emails can be sent and received

Thanks for any advice or help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by venomenus View Post
    should I just ignore this domain and add a new email domain to zimbra for my-domain.co.uk (then set as default) and whenever I need to log into the administrators console log in as admin@mydomain.local
    Yes!

Don't forget that you don't need to fully qualify the admin username (admin@...) as 'admin' is a global administrator (I think; I only have one active domain!).