Thread: Imap Proxy - Help

Angry Imap Proxy - Help

Hello friends okay?

Sorry for my bad English, but I'll try to explain well, to see if anyone can help me.

I had installed on my Debian amviente 5, Zimbra 6.10, with all services running correctly (Including proxy imap)

I ended up disabling IMAP Proxy to make him better or worse, but soon after I disabled the web proxy, I went to upgrade to Zimbra version 7.1

Everything went well, but e-mail was not working correctly at the entrance doors 143 and 993, only 7143 and 7993.

I went to the Web panel after it is updated, and activated several times, Proxy, and restarted the service several times to see if it worked again, but without success.

When I play the netstat-natup | egrep "(143 | 993 | 110 | 995 | 7143 | 7993 | 25 | 587)" it will not appear on the listening port of the proxy, only the ports defined without the proxy

Then I saw that the door Ferro Gaita were 143 and 993 as a proxy, and decided to change them, passing the proxy port to 7143 and 7993 and the doors without a proxy being 143 and 993.

Done that email again, but it does leave the proxy on or off, any specified port as a proxy does not work.

I wonder what can I do to return the proxy, and listening on the correct ports, both with both proxy without proxy.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If this is a single server installation why are you using the IMAPPROXY? It's not advisable to use the rpoxy on a single server as it may cause problems. There are details in the forums on how to disable and remove the imapproxy and memcached and reset to the ports to their defaults - do a quick search for details.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    If this is a single server installation why are you using the IMAPPROXY? It's not advisable to use the rpoxy on a single server as it may cause problems. There are details in the forums on how to disable and remove the imapproxy and memcached and reset to the ports to their defaults - do a quick search for details.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is a single server.

Installed by what I read around, saying he would let the client connections more stable and faster.

Advises you to disable and uninstall?

Recalling that the server I'm using is only for the e-mail.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by thiagotgc View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it is a single server.

Installed by what I read around, saying he would let the client connections more stable and faster.
    That's not correct for a single server, the proxy server no useful purpose and consumes unnecessary resources.

Quote Originally Posted by thiagotgc View Post
    Advises you to disable and uninstall?
    Yes, I suggest you disable and uninstall the imapproxy and memcached. Don't forget you'll also need to reset the ports to their default settings.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's not correct for a single server, the proxy server no useful purpose and consumes unnecessary resources.

Yes, I suggest you disable and uninstall the imapproxy and memcached. Don't forget you'll also need to reset the ports to their default settings.
    Ok friend.

Could you pass me the way to disable and uninstall these two modules in the right way?

Thanks in advance.

I found how to uninstall the proxy and memcache