Hey guys, I've slowly been getting acquainted with installing Zimbra on Cent OS 5.6. I've done 2 install so far, the first one went okay, I combined multiple tutorials to get it installed correctly, the only problem I had with it was I was unable to receive emails externally after forwarding all the ports, I was able to send externally just fine though.
Right now I'm currently using an Exchange 2007 server for my email needs, but I've setup servers for hMail and iRedMail so I was confused on why I was unable to troubleshoot the email receiving problem as I could see them coming in, in the log but it never delivered them to the account.
Anyway I reinstalled everything and setup Zimbra again,
Here are a few problems / questions I have,
1. The Zimbra server will not start after I restarted installing all of Zimbra, I did a zmcontrol Status and none of the core services were running, when tried to start it, it couldnt even start LDAP saying "Failed to start slapd, TLS: error: 0906D06C: PEM routines: PEM_read_bio:no start line pem_lib.c:696" theres another error under that saying "SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file: PEM lib ssl_rsa.c: 491
main TLS init def ctx failed: -1"
2. I've never had to setup MX records for the email servers I've made as they were the same as the domain and didn't have the need for a backup mail server, so I'm confused if I should be making them...
3. On one of the tutorials I followed it was telling me I needed to put a lot of information in for BindDNS for A-records and forwarding, on exchange and hMail I know the only real thing that was needed to make the email work was to add my ISPs SMTP server to the send connector on exchange, where do I do this for Zimbra?
4. What is the named server for, is it needed?
5. I plan on completely migrating from Exchange 2007 to Zimbra, whats the best way of winding down Exchange 2007 to move over to Zimbra? Is there a thread with tips on this?
I noticed that Cent OS isnt officially supported, but I've been told by numerous linux users that Cent OS was the best distro to run a server on, should I use something besides Cent OS for Zimbra? Perhaps Debian? I'd just like to find a fast easy distribution for Zimbra, Apache, and other services...