Thread: apple os x open ldap

Hybrid View

Default apple os x open ldap

is it possible to use apple's openldap instead of the default install of openldap? what do i do in the install process. i point to my openldap server ( i created a zimbra user) but to no avail.

Installer needs full control of the schema and config so this won't work. We are working on a Mac OSX port so you'll have a chance to test this soon.

cool. can't wait. can you share any performance numbers if we were to put zimbra into production? my thinkig is a dual G5 apple for my openldap server and two dell 2850's 1 for the mta and one for the web/ajax server? we are thinking of deploying this for 2000 users. 90 % will be on imap clients like outlook, entourage and calender programs like ical.

It really depends on the usage profile of your users. How many messages per day in/out? Avg message size? Avg mailbox size? How many active at any one time?

Which ever server you install Tomcat on should be a dual cpu, with at least 2GB RAM. This will host the mailbox server and all the indexing code in addition to the AJAX web client, and IMAP interface. You'll want several drives as well since mail applications for the most part are IO bound. You'll also want some fast disks on your open ldap host.

We are doing more benchmarks internally but initial tests have shown we can get 1500 heavy business users on a dual AMD CPU box. So assuming your users are also fairly heavy users splitting the work up into 3 hosts should be fine. Of course still being in beta we've got more tuning and perf work to do. So if you find a different result in your test we'd enjoy the feedback. This way we can take a look at any hotspots you may find in your setup.