Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: zimbra install fails

mikelurk Guest

I still haven't got it to work. Still the same errors. Maybe I should let you know what I have as a web server. It is SME webserver. If you want to all the info on it the web site is www.contribs.org. It is a web server, router, dns server,webmail server ( this has been disabled because I want to have ZCS as the mail server).
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
    P.S. This is only a test box. If I can't get this to work, our servers at work might be switched from Linux to Windows and I dread the thought of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelurk
    I still haven't got it to work. Still the same errors. Maybe I should let you know what I have as a web server. It is SME webserver. If you want to all the info on it the web site is www.contribs.org. It is a web server, router, dns server,webmail server ( this has been disabled because I want to have ZCS as the mail server).
    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
    P.S. This is only a test box. If I can't get this to work, our servers at work might be switched from Linux to Windows and I dread the thought of that happening.
    Well if you want it to work I'd suggest trying a supported platform first. The current build supports Fedora Core 3 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. Using something else will lead you to trouble unless you like hacking at problems.

mikelurk Guest

I am downloading the fc3 CD's as we speak. Do you see any problems with this configuration. FC3, sme web server and the zcs mail server.

mikelurk Guest

I am downloading the fc3 CD's as we speak. Do you see any problems with this configuration. FC3, sme web server and the zcs mail server.
    One other thing could I run the installer for zcs by SSH'ing from another linux computer.

You'll just have to make your SME webserver and Zimbra mail client run on different ports.

One other thing could I run the installer for zcs by SSH'ing from another linux computer.
    Yes. This is how we do all our installs on remote boxes.

mikelurk Guest

I have it all running , but all I can do is send mail but not receive. What am I missing

I have it all running , but all I can do is send mail but not receive. What am I missing
    Are there any errors in /var/log/zimbra.log how about /opt/zimbra/logs/zimbra.log