Thread: Failover/Load-Balancing

Default Failover/Load-Balancing

Hi all,

I am trying to evaluate Zimbra as our successor to OCS and I have read through the docs, but I am still unsure of what level of redundancy/clustering Zimbra actually supports.

I know that Zimbra supports multi-server setup, which is where my user accounts get stored on different mailbox servers. Afaik, one can put a loadbalancer in front of those mailbox servers the mailbox servers will re-route the requests accordingly.

But what about IMAP?

Plus, wouldn't it make more sense to have a clusteres storage and have multiple mailbox servers accessing that storage?

Cheers,
    budy

hello,

we had a very long ticket with zimbra support regarding loadbalancing/failover/ssl offloading solution with a hardware loadbalancer. to make it short: ssl offloading is not supported by zimbra. it has somethign to do with the proxy / backend configuration. proxy thinks it is running http and returns always http urls to the user.

with some workarounds hardware loadbalancers (at least ours) is woring like a charm. zimbra has no knowledge of the failoversetup.

about routing: zimbra proxy is doing this. so you have to loadbalance the zimbra proxy servers.

2nd possibility for failover: vrrp

-andy