hello ,

i have an installed zimbra 5.0.13 on redhat 5.1 . It is the Opensource edition. I make a backup with rsync . With some previous releases i did use the rsync copy to test the upgrade before doing in in production.

Client wants to migrate to centos , so i thought it would be wise to go immediately to centos 6.0 . But helas , when trying to start up the zimbra copy as a first start , before doing the migration to version 7 , he complains about perl
==================

[zimbra@ftp bin]$ ./zmcontrol
/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/IO/IO.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
================================================== ==

Is centos 6.0 not supported for zimbra 5.0.13 ? Then i have to upgrade zimbra first on centos 5.6 for example to the latest version 7.
But afterwards i really have to upgrade the os also to centos 6.0

As a test , i tried to install zimbra 7 on centos 6 : i didn't finish the complete install but after creating some symbolic links for libstdc++ , i went fine without any perl errors.

any experiences here ?

And also important : is it possible to upgrade directly from version 5.0.13 to version 7 or do i need some intermediate upgrades ( eg to latest 5 version, then to latest 6 version , then to 7 )