Thread: Zimbra on Ubuntu 10.4

Default Zimbra on Ubuntu 10.4

I installed zimbra on ubuntu 10.4 from a documentation. I configuered the hostname, dns as mail.example.com. I installed zimbra and its working perfect.

The only problem is i can send/receive email from/to admin@mail.example.com only not from/to admin@example.com. Can anyone help me how to resolve that issues.

I want to take out the mail part and want to keep only example.com as my domain.

Quote Originally Posted by vavai View Post
    You have wrong DNS configuration so Zimbra create mail.example.com as domain instead of example.com.

To resolve this problem, you have 2 options :

1. Rename domain :

Code:
    zmprov -l rd [mail.example.com] [example.com]
    2. Create new domain, set is as default (Zimbra Admin |Global Setting) and then delete the mail.example.com domain

Don't forget to modify your DNS so example.com will have mail.example.com as A & MX records.
    Thank you very much. i used the second option. So i guess in this way i can add any number of domains keeping mail.example.com as the default.
    Another question, how do i change the default 80 port for the zimbra webmail. i want to make it 81 because i have an apache server running on it.

Vaval said:

"2. Create new domain, set is as default (Zimbra Admin |Global Setting) and then delete the mail.example.com domain"

If we set a created domain as the new default domain, then do we also rename the spam and ham accounts? for example, from spam.xyz@mail.example.com -> spam.xyz@example.com?

Thanks in advance.