Thread: Installing Appliance Version

Hybrid View

Default Installing Appliance Version

I have been using Zimbra for several years(system admin) using a hosted version through 01.com.

The customer a major airline retiree group and I are parting company after 6+ years as their website(jack of all trades) admin.

I am starting a major marketing push and want to offer the 10 user free bee as an incentive (introduction to the product).

My questions are:

1. What os and version should I have the datacenter install on my new servers to best run the appliance version.

2. Can I run multiple free bee (10user License) on the same server using the appliance.

Jim Freeman
    Jim Freeman
    PVS Hosting

I think following link will give you good idea about the questions you asked.

http://files.zimbra.com/zca/zca-6.0....etup_Guide.pdf

http://files.zimbra.com/zca/zca-6.0....tion_Guide.pdf
    ~=Prashant=~

Default Correct me if I have misunderstood the reason for the applicance

It was my understanding that the vmware appliance version was to eliminate the kind of esoteric os requirements, plus most of the system admin peculiarities associated with those os requirements.

My understanding is that it should rub as is on certain linux variants, without installing the vmware player and such as you would need on windows.

That brought about my basic question which variant of the os centos, ubuntu or etc would be best. I had asked the question of both Hostgator and Jaguar PC and they had implied that it didn't work well with certain os and as I am setting up a new dedicated server for this, I was asking for advice on which one of the os's to use.

Jim Freeman
    Jim Freeman
    PVS Hosting

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jimhnet View Post
    It was my understanding that the vmware appliance version was to eliminate the kind of esoteric os requirements, plus most of the system admin peculiarities associated with those os requirements.
    The Zimbra Appliance is a VMware Virtual appliance and, as such, requires some form of VMware infrastructure - ESXi + vSphere, VMware server or Workstation (although I'd suggest the latter two are only for testing).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.