Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big install issues form linux tech

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

This is getting silly.

Did they uninstall zimbra with the command I gave? Is this on a RHEL server? Is SElinux enabled? If it is disable it (not warn mode - DISABLED). Make sure that there's only one version of perl installed an it's up to date (item 2 on the list is a perl problem NOT zimbra). Make sure the server meets the minimum requirements for Zimbra (as mentioned in the documentation). Make sure that the server software is fully up to date. Uninstall zimbra again and then do a reinstall.

BTW, for their information, this isn't ZImbra support - it's a user forum. This software is the easiest product to install, I'm a novice with linux and it took me about 40 minutes, they're supposed to be professionals - get them to do the job you're paying them for.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi,

I stopped apache, ldap, disabled them from starting apart from disabling exim. Then I uninstalled zimbra, and tried installing it again.

Unfortunately, the same error showed up again.

Could you please forward this reply again.

Ask them for the following details as well

1) list of perl modules that is needed by Zimbra.
    2) Whether it's compatible with CentOS 4.4

Also note that on disabling apache and exim. Managing domains and accounts through the cpanel & WHM interface already installed on the server becomes impossible.

Amal
    HD System Admin

Code:
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# ps -C exim
     PID TTY          TIME CMD
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# ps -C httpd
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# ps -C ldap

root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# chkconfig exim --list
    exim            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# chkconfig httpd --list
    httpd           0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# chkconfig ldap --list
    ldap            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
    root@fronneville [/usr/src/zcs]# chkconfig chkservd --list
    chkservd        0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Yeah I know that it seems ridiculous and I'm getting a bit annoyed with them now. This shouldn't be so hard for them to do. I'd do it but I'm less than a novice when it comes to linux. All I can really do is execute programs and move from dir to dir and search and whatnot.

-Justin

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

for the love of god stop posting your technical support's requests for technical support. this is NOT zimbra support, if they're that stupid technically they need help installing this incredibly easily to install package, they can come on here themselves, or pay zimbra for the network edition. there is a minimum barrier to entry with zimbra, and it's very low.

with regards to your problems, i seem to remember on here people installing it on CentOS 4.3, not sure if 4.4 is compatible but I guess if it's compiled from RHEL4 source it must be? Certainly missing symbols in perl libs would suggest otherwise. do 'ldd ' against the complaining library to see if its missing any dependencies.

Hey, it's my server. I wanted the open source edition installed and even though I am paying them they do not feel that it is their responsibility to find out the answers for themselves. As far as I know the actual zimbra support cost money, it doesn't come free. So I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that they cannot set this up for me.

-Justin

Here is the latest reply from my incompetent server hosters:

Code:
    Dear Scriptcypher,

We are sorry for the delay caused in this reply. We tried again to take a look in detail of the
    present trouble. The techs Amal and Rahim had a detailed check into the present installation and
    verified that the settings are very fine indeed. Amal also uninstalled it and reinstalled it again
    to find that the same error is occurring !

Here are the results of your queries :

>> Did they uninstall zimbra with the command I gave?

Not sure which command was used to uninstall it and reinstall again .

>> Is this on a RHEL server?
    Is it  SElinux enabled? If it is disable it (not warn mode - DISABLED)

This is actually a CentOS release 4.4 OS, which is very much compatible with the RHEL version , during this
    installation as well.

SElinux is currently disabled in the server.

Also the server hardware requirements for the installation are already met. We've tried all best methods that we can to make
    it working. But still showing errors means that there must be some incompatibility with the present modules(software) with the installation. Also you haven't provided. You may need to contact the zimbra support authorities for a better outlook of the issue.

PLEASE NOTE : Contacting the zimbra support authorities directly is preferred to posting in the forums, as you may get
    quality support from the makers directly. Also any one who register can post in the forum as well.

Hope you have got a better picture of the scenario now. Please let us know the details of any such requirements, from the
    support team. Thank You.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rai
    DimeNOC Admin
    Level 3 Department

Quote Originally Posted by scriptycpher
    Hey, it's my server. I wanted the open source edition installed and even though I am paying them they do not feel that it is their responsibility to find out the answers for themselves. As far as I know the actual zimbra support cost money, it doesn't come free. So I'm a bit annoyed at the fact that they cannot set this up for me.

-Justin
    Hi Justin,
    I'm sorry you're having trouble, and let's see if I can help out.
    You must understand that typically with large and critical deployments of
    Zimbra, we recommend the Network Edition.

Even if you are going to have the NE, we recommend that you have SSH access. Sooooo.....my next question is do you have direct SSH access to your machine? If you do, you're gonna need root access. . .or maybe sudo access.

Next, in your hosting provider's e-mail, they said they didn't know how to uninstall zcs. I assume you know how, but just incase you don't, it's ./install.sh -u

We're here to help.

(PS- Let's keep the insults, and negative comments to a minimum. We already had to remove a very helpful thread, and we don't want to do it to this one as well.)

-john

Alright well it's finnished. I told them to stop and just delete all the install files. My ticket went up to a higher authority apparently. I got refunded the money and they got someone else on the job who got it up and running quite easily. Here's what he had to do to get it working in case anyone else ever has a problem similar to this one.

Code:
    This installation has now been completed. If you want to let the people on the forums know the commands to correct this came down to

yum install compat-libstdc++-296.i386 (to get the keytool command to work, Its staticly linked)
    rm -rf /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/*
    cp -prfv /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/* /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/

-Justin

Default Receiving the same error...

Hi,

I'm receiving the same error on CentOS release 4.4 (Final) and using zimbra-core-4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4-20070518082442.i386.rpm package

1)

Backing up ldap

could not stat config file "/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf": No such file or directory (2)
    slapcat: bad configuration file!

2)

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI/DBI.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr

tried the tweak provided by "scriptycpher" but throws the same error please help...

Thanks in advance...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

How about the command 'yum whatprovides DBI.so' and then install the perl package it tells you about?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I have been having this issue also on upgrades for Zimbra. I am still on 4.0.4 since every time I go to upgrade I get the error listed in the above posts.

I tried up2date --whatprovides DBI.so and it returned

[root@mail ~]# up2date --whatprovides DBI.so
    perl-DBI-1.40-8.i386
    [root@mail ~]#

Does this mean I need to install this package?

I am using RHEL4 and Zimbra 4.0.4. Any upgrade attempt to 4.5.x results in the error.

Thanks

Don Hickey
    Last edited by dhickey; 06-07-2007 at 11:28 AM.