Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big install issues form linux tech

Default Big install issues form linux tech

Hey Here is my issue with installing zimbra!!!

Messages you received are due to the work going on your server for zimbra installation.
    We are coming up with following error on zimbra installation (./install.sh)
    ====
    could not stat config file "/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf": No such file or directory (2)
    slapcat: bad configuration file!
    Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.pem': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.key': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI/DBI.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
    ====

Server OS is CentOS-4.4 and the rpm used for installation is zimbra-core-4.0.3_GA_406.RHEL4-20061016134107.i386.rpm.
    Can you please contact Zimbra support team regarding this. We are not able to track down the exact cause for this
    error.

Rahim
    3rd Level Admin
    Hostdime.com

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Problems with LDAP during install are usually due to DNS problems, check that you have a valid DNS A & MX record for your zimbra server and that your /etc/hosts file is correct. There's also some troubleshoouting tips here for LDAP problems.
    Last edited by phoenix; 11-03-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Default Zimbra Install Issue

Here is what I posted and Have been told already:

" Big install issues form linux tech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Here is my issue with installing zimbra!!!

Messages you received are due to the work going on your server for zimbra installation.
    We are coming up with following error on zimbra installation (./install.sh)
    ====
    could not stat config file "/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf": No such file or directory (2)
    Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.crt': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.pem': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/perdition.key': No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI/DBI.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr
    ====

Server OS is CentOS-4.4 and the rpm used for installation is zimbra-core-4.0.3_GA_406.RHEL4-20061016134107.i386.rpm.
    Can you please contact Zimbra support team regarding this. We are not able to track down the exact cause for this
    error.

Rahim
    3rd Level Admin
    Hostdime.com

scriptycpher
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to scriptycpher
    Find More Posts by scriptycpher
    Add scriptycpher to Your Buddy List
    Yesterday, 11:27 PM #2
    phoenix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems with LDAP during install are usually due to DNS problems, check that you have a valid DNS A & MX record for your zimbra server and that your /etc/hosts file is correct. There's also some troubleshoouting tips here for LDAP problems.

Bill "

Now heres my issue. I have a CentOS server that is being hosted by some big company with tons of professional linux techs. They are trying to install the RHEL4 edition because that's what I've been told works on CentOS. This is the error they are getting and they say that the DNS is perfect and there are no issues, aside from the domain working with http://domain.com and now http://www.domain.com Not too sure why that's happening. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue and if maybe they should be using a different version of Zimbra.

Many Many Thanks,
    -Justin

Did you look at the troubleshooting information? Just because they say it's 'perfect' doesn't mean it is, did you check the DNS yourself? Please don't create a new thread when this one is still active, you should have added the information to this thread. I'll move your other post.
    Regards

Bill

There's also some troubleshoouting tips here for LDAP problems.

Where is here? Your link goes to nowhere so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get my troubleshooting tips.

-Justin

Default DNS Working fine

Hello,

DNS setting for your server is fine. Here are the details:
    =======
    root@fronneville [~]# hostname
    fronneville.upkeeponline.com
    root@fronneville [~]# cat /etc/hosts
    # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
    # that require network functionality will fail.
    72.29.70.35 fronneville.upkeeponline.com fronneville
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ----------

$ host fronneville.upkeeponline.com
    fronneville.upkeeponline.com has address 72.29.70.35
    $ host 72.29.70.35
    35.70.29.72.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer fronneville.upkeeponline.com.
    ---------
    DNS file for fronneville.upkeeponline.com.
    # cat /var/named/upkeeponline.com.db
    ; Modified by Web Host Manager
    ; Zone File for upkeeponline.com
    $TTL 14400
    @ 86400 IN SOA ns1.upkeeponline.com scriptcypher.gmail.com. (
    )

upkeeponline.com. 86400 IN NS ns1.upkeeponline.com
    upkeeponline.com. 86400 IN NS ns2.upkeeponline.com

ns2.upkeeponline.com. 14400 IN A 72.29.70.37
    ns1.upkeeponline.com. 14400 IN A 72.29.70.36

upkeeponline.com. 14400 IN A 72.29.70.35

localhost.upkeeponline.com. 14400 IN A 127.0.0.1

upkeeponline.com. 14400 IN MX 0 upkeeponline.com

mail 14400 IN CNAME upkeeponline.com
    www 14400 IN CNAME upkeeponline.com
    ftp 14400 IN A 72.29.70.35
    fronneville 14400 IN A 72.29.70.35
    ns1 14400 IN A 72.29.70.36
    ns2 14400 IN A 72.29.70.37
    ==========

We have verified that these settings are working. Please update this to zimbra support team.

Try the 'here' link from the earlier post again.

Is this supposed to be a public DNS server pointing to your zimbra server? If it is then there's something wrong. What's the FQDN you're using for the zimbra server? Is it
    Code:
    fronneville.upkeeponline.com
    - if that's it then it doesn't resolve to your server, if I do a telnet to port 25 on that address I get this:
    Code:
    telnet fronneville.upkeeponline.com 25
    Trying 72.29.70.35...
    Connected to fronneville.upkeeponline.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220-fronneville.upkeeponline.com ESMTP Exim 4.52 #1 Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:35:59 -0600
    220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
    220 and/or bulk e-mail.
    That matches the IP address they have in the DNS records you've posted, there is already a server running at that IP address. So, you either have a mail server already running on your server or that's the wrong IP address. This doesn't appear to be a problem with zimbra, it's their setup of your server.

Look at this post here - the NS & MX records have a period at the end of the line, your example doesn't.
    Last edited by phoenix; 11-04-2006 at 12:02 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Hey thanks Bob, you've been so much help. I know a bit about linux but definately no pro, what I do know is that yes in fact I do have a mail server running on my server, the one that came with it(Have no idea what it's called). And if they forgot to turn it off before turning zimbra on I'll lose a bit of faith in them... I'm also a bit perturbed that I'm paying them for this installation and they can't even go out and take a look at what the problem could be for themselves, they just send me off the error and tell me I need to find them an answer...

Maybe I should have asked someone here if they wanted to be paid for installing it, I just assumed that the guys who host my server with their big server farm would be able to.

-Justin

Who's this Bob fella?

OK, you need to make sure that your server has no mail server, web server or LDAP servers running. Disable them from running at boot, uninstall zimbra with the './install.sh -u' command and that will remove all the /opt/zimbra directory. When you've done that run the zimbra install again and it should work this time. Good luck with your tech support.
    Regards

Bill

Hi,

We did not try starting zimbra with the previous mail server enabled. The reason why you see it online is because it's automatically restarted by the server monitoring software.

Now regarding the problem that we face during installation. We receive 2 errors while installing, which we beleive is the reason for all these issues.

1)

Backing up ldap

2)

If I ignore that error and try to start ldap, i again get the error that slapd.conf.in doesn't exist. So the root of the problem is that slapd.conf is not being created during installation. And the installation script for Zimbra doesn't show enough output for us to find the reason why it's not being created. Could you please forward this reply to the Zimbra support, so that they come up with a solution.

PS: I have disabled the service monitoring software on the server so that they do not get misguided by the exim service up on the server.

Amal
    HD System Admin