Thread: Dutch (and multiple others) language not active in Spell Checker after installation

Lightbulb Dutch (and multiple others) language not active in Spell Checker after installation

After installation of Zimbra 7.1.2, there are mutliple languages installed, including the Dutch version. I could verify this using:
    Code:
    /opt/zimbra/aspell/bin/aspell dump dicts
    (Small) Proposal 1
    For some reason it is named "nl" and not "nl_NL". I would recommend to change this, because there is also "nl_BE" for Belgium.

Problem
    However, when I am creating an e-mail and I use the spell checker, it will validate my e-mail using the English language.

I have taken a look in /opt/zimbra/httpd/htdocs/aspell.php to see how the spell checker works. It uses the "text_cat" process, to find out which languages is being composed in the e-mail. In my case, it will spit out "dutch".

However, is see the following 2 problem in the php script.

1) Dutch is not part of the languages that are possible:
    PHP Code:
    $languages = array('english' => 'en_EN''italian' => 'it_IT''french' => 'fr_FR''german' => 'de_DE','danish' => 'da_DA''spanish' => 'es_ES''swedish' => 'sv_SV''hindi' => 'hi_HI'); 
    2) The account settings are not used to determine the default language.
    PHP Code:
    if (array_key_exists($getLang$languages)) {

$dictionary "{$languages[$getLang]}";
    } else {

$dictionary "en_EN";

Solution
    I have modified part 1 to:
    PHP Code:
    $languages = array('dutch' => 'nl''english' => 'en_EN''italian' => 'it_IT''french' => 'fr_FR''german' => 'de_DE','danish' => 'da_DA''spanish' => 'es_ES''swedish' => 'sv_SV''hindi' => 'hi_HI'); 
    And changed the default by in the 'else' statement:
    PHP Code:
    } else {

$dictionary "nl";

After restarting it works!
    Code:
    zmspellctl stop; zmspellctl start

Proposal 2
    Maybe the list can be coded in a different way so it will match the appropriate language dynamically, instead of using a static preďnstalled list.

Proposal 3
    Make the default language based on the account that is being used. I have my language for the web interface set to Dutch. I would expect the spell checker to have the same language as default.

Greetings Atze

Well, the solution to my problems were actually a lot easier. Apparently, the following Spell Check Zimlet was installed, which has this current implementation. Ones the original aspell.php was restored, everything worked fine!!

False alarm. Thank you.

Greetings Atze