I'm running Zimbra 4.0.1 in a linux-vserver. After upgrading to 4.0.3, some settings I had made manually to make it run in a linux-vserver environment were lost. To make it work again, I had to perform steps documented below. I hope this helps anyone else with such a setup. My main server is running fc4 x86_64, the VServer is running fc4 i386.
(my vserver ip is 192.168.193.36, my hostname is v-zimbra.milnet.lan)
1) ensure that the first line in /etc/hosts is:
192.168.193.36 localhost.localdomain localhost v-zimbra.milnet.lan v-zimbra
2) check if database logins succeed. If they fail, it might help to
su - zimbra
...then re-enter some GRANT statements, like the ones you see, but replace
3) replace occurences of 127.0.0.1 by 192.168.193.36 in amavisd.conf, dspam.conf and zmmta.cf
4) modify amavisd.conf and amavisd.conf.in to include the line
@mynetworks = qw( 192.168.193.36/32 ) ;
and uncomment and adapt the lines
$notify_method = 'smtp:[192.168.193.36]:10025';
$forward_method = 'smtp:[192.168.193.36]:10025'; # set to undef with milter!
5) in /opt/zimbra/postfix/conf/master.conf replace 127.0.0.1 by the server's IP and adapt the line
6) modify the line in /opt/zimbra/amavisd/sbin/amavisd
@inet_acl = qw( 192.168.193.36 ); # allow SMTP access only from localhost