Thread: Disable SSL on the Admin Port 7071

Question Disable SSL on the Admin Port 7071

Hi there,

On my Zimbra 3.0 Server I've modified the Admin-Servers server.xml to run the Admin Server without SSL.

I've a mod_proxy / mod_security Reverse Proxy in front of the Zimbra Webservers (Webmail and Admin Servers). So the Reverse Proxy terminates the SSL connections. This gives me the possibility to filter evil request even if the intruder uses HTTPS. (I working in IT-Security and I'm paranoid ;-)

Now i've upgrade to Zimbra 4.0. It seems to be impossible to run the Admin Server without SSL. I changed the server.xml to run without SSL. Most of the Zimbra Components fail to start, if the Admin Servers runs without SSL. Also the zmprov Command expects an SSL Server.

Is there possibility to run the Admin Server without SSL?

Thanks
    rasputin

Default Same for me

Interesting post. I'd also like to terminate the SSL traffic on the reverse proxy. This would be a typical setup for use in large installations... Not a big deal since it is only the admin interface, but the security aspects are also interesting...

Default Any updates?

I also have this problem. I have a front end apache server that uses the proxy module to forward traffic. The front end machine and the zimbra machine have a secure connection to each other and the front end machine does ssl, hence I would like to turn off SSL on the zimbra server.

If any one can tell me where I can do this I would appreciate it as it will save me hours of hunting