Thread: Question on licence

Default Question on licence

I am new to zimbra and just 2 months old working on fedora core 4 but very much confident on ferora 4 and might bring up the production server by the end of this year ! I am pretty impressed by zimbra features and it is still in beta ! I guess i can test it on the test server no issue ! what if i like it and want to go for the prodution server ! i guess beta's cannot be used on production server ! will there be a product which goes gold soon and will it be free !!!!!
    lot of question with these free stuff !!!!!
    hope some one answers me
    and by the way is zimbra comaptabile with fedora 4 ! the site says it is for fedora 3

Quote Originally Posted by venkimani1
    I am new to zimbra and just 2 months old working on fedora core 4 but very much confident on ferora 4 and might bring up the production server by the end of this year ! I am pretty impressed by zimbra features and it is still in beta ! I guess i can test it on the test server no issue !
    Indeed, they've done a good job with Zimbra.

And right, you can definitely try Zimbra on a test server. Now would be a great time to get the accounts setup, and have you and your users try out the features. More than likely, when Zimbra is considered stable, there will be a way to upgrade your beta install to the production one (thus keeping all your users in tact).

If you do in fact have your users try it out, the Zimbra folks seem to enjoy feedback. Post another thread here including the feedback from your users, how many people are using it, and the like.

what if i like it and want to go for the prodution server ! i guess beta's cannot be used on production server ! will there be a product which goes gold soon and will it be free !!!!!
    Yeah, there will be another beta release out "soon" (for certain definitions of soon, some people consider "soon" to be sometime this afternoon... application developers consider "soon" to be more like a few weeks :-)

Technically speaking, you could use a beta product on a production server. But, by definition, beta software is meant more for testing. So, it might not be wise :-)

and by the way is zimbra comaptabile with fedora 4 ! the site says it is for fedora 3
    While the binary release is only officially supported on Fedora Core 3 and RedHat Enterprise 4, there are some folks who got Zimbra working on Fedora Core 4 with some fairly simple steps, outlined here:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/faq.php..._faq_install_1

Have a good one,
    -Eric