Thread: Source install on FreeBSD

Exclamation Source install on FreeBSD

I see no reference to the installation method for the sourcecode on FreeBSD. I find it hard to find that this program would only be available on RH.

You can search the forums we've anwsered this many times. The source and binary by default are available for Red Hat and Fedora only. Others have it running on at least 10 different OS's you just have to work a little harder.

Thumbs up BSD Install

Thanks Kevin, I researched today and found various BSD related threads. I'll give it a shot over the weekend. As long as the answer wasn't *no*, then there is a way, however archaic presently to make it work. Looking around for a good opensource email app is a pita, and this seems to knock about anything else I've seen out of the park

-T

Quote Originally Posted by dachtera
    Thanks Kevin, I researched today and found various BSD related threads. I'll give it a shot over the weekend. As long as the answer wasn't *no*, then there is a way, however archaic presently to make it work. Looking around for a good opensource email app is a pita, and this seems to knock about anything else I've seen out of the park
    How can I help! I already reviewed the source and found the task to massive for me alone, but I think it would be possible to assemble a really solid BSD port. I'm already running most of the dependencies, and I'm not opposed to installing those I don't already have.

How can we collaborate on this? How long until the source tree comes online? I'm concerned about the ways the build process might change such that we'd have to re-port it. If the Zimbra folks are soliciting input on the next supported platform, they're probably also standardizing to the build process.

Quote Originally Posted by chaztuna
    How can I help! I already reviewed the source and found the task to massive for me alone, but I think it would be possible to assemble a really solid BSD port. I'm already running most of the dependencies, and I'm not opposed to installing those I don't already have.

How can we collaborate on this? How long until the source tree comes online? I'm concerned about the ways the build process might change such that we'd have to re-port it. If the Zimbra folks are soliciting input on the next supported platform, they're probably also standardizing to the build process.
    We hope to have the next build and tree out before the end of Nov. I'd wait for that before any major porting work.

Default Still interested?

Quote Originally Posted by chaztuna

Are you still looking to port this? I'm guessing I have very few dependencies installed, but am willing to contribute what I can to make this work. If the new release is more easily portable, I'm all for it.

Default What

We hope to have the next build and tree out before the end of Nov. I'd wait for that before any major porting work.
    When will make port for Freebsd. And in general will make port? Very much I wait some months? Yes if to buy support will help to establish zimbra on freebsd?

Quote Originally Posted by Isvet
    When will make port for Freebsd. And in general will make port? Very much I wait some months? Yes if to buy support will help to establish zimbra on freebsd?
    It's gated on customer interest. At this time FreeBSD is pretty low on the list. That said if the community is interested the source is available.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.