Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Problem Upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.0.x

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    banshee.XXXXX.com has address 10.2.3.137

    I feel like i'm going in circles. I'm documenting this here for my own sake as well. I was running 4.0.1 but when I upgrade to 4.0.2 I get the INVALID_PDU problem trying to connect. Trying to go from 4.0.2 -> 4.0.3 fails with :
    Code:
    This appears to be 4.0.2_GA
    Schema upgrade required
    Sun Nov 19 10:32:43 2006: Running /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate-ComboUpdater.pl
    Sun Nov 19 10:32:45 2006: Verified schema version 26.
    ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 1: Duplicate column name 'contact_count'
    Error while running '/opt/zimbra/bin/mysql --user=zimbra --password=jbPc95sRbjXlbk9BJRt1sGva --database=zimbra --batch --skip-column-names'. at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 136,  line 287.
    Sun Nov 19 10:32:45 2006: Script failed with code 1 - exiting
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiting
    I applied the script you suggested (which worked on 4.0.1 taking it 4.0.2 BTW) but fails like this now:

    Code:
    banshee:~/zcs# /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl
    Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.1270
    Setting defaults...Setting defaults from existing config...Done
    Upgrading from 4.0.2_GA_362 to 4.0.3_GA_406
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:30 2006: Stopping zimbra services
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:41 2006: Starting mysql
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:43 2006: Checking logger mysql status
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:44 2006: Starting logger mysql
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:44 2006: SELECT value FROM config WHERE name = 'db.version'
    This appears to be 4.0.2_GA
    Schema upgrade required
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:44 2006: Running /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate-ComboUpdater.pl
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:46 2006: Verified schema version 26.
    ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 1: Duplicate column name 'contact_count'
    Error while running '/opt/zimbra/bin/mysql --user=zimbra --password=jbPc95sRbjXlbk9BJRt1sGva --database=zimbra --batch --skip-column-names'. at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 136,  line 287.
    Sun Nov 19 10:37:47 2006: Script failed with code 1 - exiting
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiting
    Could the mysql password be out of sync? I'm stuck and frustrated. I was up late working on this and barely slept. I had a backup prior to doing all this and I rolled back my install when I saw the PDU and 4.0.3 upgrade error. It was running ok when I left but at 2am we shutdown zimbra for an rsync. After that it doesn't start back up - stops cold at LDAP starting. I tried using db_recover but it says the files are for a different version and fails to correct them. So now I'm in real trouble because my backup copy doesn't work and trying to pull this from off-site backup will take hours upon hours for the 40G of email.

    So I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    also - no firewall problems. we have a border firewall that port forwards. when i first started with zimbra i tried to firewall it all but there was so many services it was a PITA to get it to work. So I just left it up to the border FW.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Ok, I've gotten a little farther. At this point I'm running v4.0.4. I was able to get the upgrade to run by manually renaming the column contact_count in mysql table mailbox. This must have been modified when I first attempted to upgrade to 4.0.3 and it failed (on mysql errors).

    Now I'm trying to solve the login problem and I suspect it is a port issue caused most likely by an name resolution problem.

    I am NOT able to telnet to ldap (389) on the localhost loopback ip but I am able to do this on the regular exeternal ip. Which of these should LDAP be listening on? How can I get it set on both?

    Thanks

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well I'm not any further along. I've confirmed that there is nothing blocking any ports by moving aside my primary zimbra dir and reinstalling a vanilla copy. I am certain this is a name resolving issue between my internal and external names but i just can't narrow it down.

    Is there any way to move the accounts from the broken install into the vanilla install without also moving the bad configs or libraries?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    UPDATE: I gave up and rolled back to the 4.0.1 version. Scary that I could never find out what happened. The only other reports of this issue seem to stem from schema changes. I think that there was a significant schema change going to 4.0.2 and I don't think my system took to the change well.

    Are there any tools to check the ldap and mysql schemas and verify they are correct?

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Upgrading to 4.5.5 on Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
    By carlo in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
  2. Domain Alias / User Alias problem after upgrading.
    By Bingo in forum Administrators
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 04:39 AM
  3. Upgrading from 3.14 to 4.0.x CentOS4.3
    By jeg1972 in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 06:33 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 02:55 PM
  5. Problem upgrading after changing hostname.
    By Flyen in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •