Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Question about MX record configuration Centos 6.2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Question about MX record configuration Centos 6.2

    Greetings ...

    I have a question about the configuration of my MX record for
    send and receive emails from internet ..

    I'm riding Zimbra 7 Opensource on centos 6.2 64 BITS

    I have link to the Internet with public IP address ask them what
    following:

    I manage my domain provider domains ... (one third)

    Should my provider to create the host and mx correo.miempresa.com and
    make it point to my public IP?

    I Do Ip nat between the Post and my mail server on
    which ports?

    What would be the correct configuration of dns in centos? the dns
    my lan?

    Attentive'm your comments .. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elderf View Post
    Greetings ...

    I have a question about the configuration of my MX record for
    send and receive emails from internet ..

    I'm riding Zimbra 7 Opensource on centos 6.2 64 BITS

    I have link to the Internet with public IP address ask them what
    following:

    I manage my domain provider domains ... (one third)

    Should my provider to create the host and mx correo.miempresa.com and
    make it point to my public IP?
    If you mange the external DNS records then you would most likely create the A & MX records for your server.

    Quote Originally Posted by elderf View Post
    I Do Ip nat between the Post and my mail server on
    which ports?
    Go to the wiki (link at the top of this page) and search for the word "ports" and open only the necessary ports.

    Quote Originally Posted by elderf View Post
    What would be the correct configuration of dns in centos? the dns
    my lan?
    You can also search the wiki (or these forums) for the words "split dns", this has been covered many times.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Similar Threads

  1. install ZCS Open Source Edition 7.1.4 on CentOS 6.2
    By voxuantupc in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
  2. ZCS-7.1.4 (x64) and CentOS 6.2 (x64) - can not install
    By Vottghern in forum Installation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM
  3. Issues getting MTA to run - ZCS-7.1.4 and CentOS 6.2
    By sjswarts in forum Administrators
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
  4. Zimbra 5 install on CentOS 5 / MX Record
    By MrBryce2000 in forum Installation
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 02:48 PM
  5. server configuration question
    By burnmage in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •