Thread: Zimbra Open source with some users licensed and some not.

Default Zimbra Open source with some users licensed and some not.

Hello all.

We are thinking about to install Zimbra open souce for internal and external mail in an about 100 users environment but we have some users tha may require another "best" features. It will manage three different domains (three commercial names of the same company).

Can we install this version an after, for example, license 40 users with Standard & Pro licenses (executive staff with blackberries and Outlook)?. I mean... will I can to have 60 free users (some pop and some with imap zimbra desktop, 30 with network license and Outlook connector and another 10 with top license (Blackberry and Outlook Connector).

Will I be capable to design three people to administer these three domains (only new users, erase user, change password... ?

Thanks for all. Best regards from Spain and sorry for my bad English. Is the first time i write so sorry if any error...

Hello nobody can help me?

I run the FOSS version of Zimbra, so someone can correct me if I am wrong or if something has changed, but as far as I know you cannot have some licensed users and some without a license. With some advanced configuration you may be able to mix a NE (licensed) server and a FOSS (free) server in the same environment, but it is not going to be easy. With the NE version of Zimbra I believe you can mix license types, but there is no such thing as a "free" user.

Hmmm it's a problem. I ve noticed in some other posts that really is posiible mixing licenses in a Network edition... but to be not capable to have accounts without license in the same environment does hard the project because boss is not going to be happy whith costs (really it's a sully question for these users but...) And two physical servers are not a solution... for many obvious reasons...

i give you thanks for your response ... Best regards from Spain .-)