Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forwarding at Split Domain

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    From your Zimbra server does smtp.fop.unicamp.br resolve correctly? Have you tried fully stopping and starting Zimbra and postfix on your primary server? Does your primary (postfix) server show any error messages related to Zimbra trying to connect?
    Hi Soxfan.

Yes. Zimbra server resolves smtp.fop.unicamp.br. However, in zimbra configuration I changed all entries to the real name logan.fop.unicamp.br to avoid any problems. smtp.fop.unicamp.br is a CNAME to logan.fop.unicamp.br.
    After changes I always use the comand "service zimbra restart" to make effect on zimbra and "postfix stop/start" on postfix. I think strange to find related activity just in secondary server log. the primary (postfix) don't show any log when I try to send email of the secondary to the internet. It appear's that the message don't arrive to the primary... but someone is refusing the forwarding. Is it possible that zimbra is forwarding to authoritatives DNS instead to forward to primary?

I looked to DNS logs, but I didn't find anything. I think that my microsoft DNS aren't configurated to get this level log. It makes me not sure if the messages are being forwarded to correct server. Is possible I change the level zimbra log to get more information?

Thank's.

Rodrigo

Yeah, I realized after I posted that you had changed the entries to the real name. So, the real name resolves correctly, right? Try 'telnet smtp.fop.unicamp.br 25' from a command line on your Zimbra server and see what happens. Make sure it is directing to the correct server and that it allows you to connect. Also, I would recommend going into the Zimbra admin console and checking the MTA settings at the Global and Server levels to make sure there isn't any bad information in there.

I am not sure about changing the log level on Zimbra.

Default SOLVED: Forwarding at Split Domain

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post
    Yeah, I realized after I posted that you had changed the entries to the real name. So, the real name resolves correctly, right? Try 'telnet smtp.fop.unicamp.br 25' from a command line on your Zimbra server and see what happens. Make sure it is directing to the correct server and that it allows you to connect. Also, I would recommend going into the Zimbra admin console and checking the MTA settings at the Global and Server levels to make sure there isn't any bad information in there.

I am not sure about changing the log level on Zimbra.
    Resolved!

In the Zimbra admin console, in "servers settings" field "mta relay for external delivery" (I'm not sure if this field is it because my Zimbra is in portuguese language) I was wrote zimbra.fop.unicamp.br instead of put logan.fop.unicamp.br that is the secondary MTA. After changes, the forwarding is working ok.

Thanks you for your help.

Rodrigo
    Last edited by rcanto; 07-20-2012 at 05:49 AM.