Thread: No incoming email

Hybrid View

Default No incoming email

Clean install on FC3 (minimal then added curl, libidn & fetchmail). All appears to be working. Mail sent out from Zimbra web client gets received. Mail sent to itself gets received.

Mail from outside Zimbra does not get received. MX record is mail.csiyk.com. Zimbra server hostname is zimbra.csiyk.com. Default domain on server is csiyk.com.

Must be missing something. I have not changed anything from defuals other than disabled non-secure items (ie only SSL for POP and IMAP). I think my problem is with MTA settings. Default web mail MTA is "localhost".

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Kirby Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by globalstorm
    Mail from outside Zimbra does not get received. MX record is mail.csiyk.com. Zimbra server hostname is zimbra.csiyk.com. Default domain on server is csiyk.com.
    Does mail.csyik.com know to relay incoming messages to zimbra.csiyk.com?

Parden my mail ignorance:
    Is this done via MX records or the Zimbra server? How about of I change the MX record to zimbra.csiyk.com?

Edit: note mail.csiyk.com MX record points to the IP address of the Zimbra server. They are the same system.

Cheers
    Kirby
    Last edited by globalstorm; 10-31-2005 at 04:35 PM.

what does /var/log/maillog say (and/or /opt/zimbra/log/zimbra.log), around the time the message arrives from external source? Is there a bounce message sent back at all?

/var/log/maillog:
    Oct 31 13:12:01 zimbra sendmail[1820]: alias database /etc/aliases rebuilt by root
    Oct 31 13:12:01 zimbra sendmail[1820]: /etc/aliases: 78 aliases, longest 10 bytes, 802 bytes total
    Oct 31 13:12:01 zimbra sendmail[1846]: starting daemon (8.13.1): SMTP+queueing@01:00:00
    Oct 31 13:12:01 zimbra sm-msp-queue[1855]: starting daemon (8.13.1): queueing@01:00:00

zimbra.log is empty

All mails (eg to kirby@csiyk.com) get bounced. Checked dnsreports.com on csiyk.com. Can not connect to mail server mail.csiyk.com. Is maill server mail.csiyk.com or zimbra.csiyk.com?

Cheers
    Kirby

why is your box running sendmail, instead of the postfix that came with Zimbra? Is that the problem?