I am new to Zimbra Mail Client, got to know about this from few vendors.
Right now for our business, we are using Google Apps for Business edition. We have a small team now of 10 people but we plan to scale our workforce to 100 by next year.
I am looking for the right email solution, starting with open source. Eventually move up to enterprise if there is a need.
I have a current underutilized server, and thinking to install Zimbra with it.
I plan to install Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64 bits and then Zimbra 7.2 GA release. Are the specs below sufficient for the installation and usage up to 100 users?
Processor, memory all okay? Or should I get virtualized sever? I will use this server dedicated only for Zimbra and nothing else.
- Intel platform with single-socket quad-core processor in 1U rackmountable server system
- 1 x Intel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1230 3.20Ghz processor
- 5.0GTI, 8Mb Intel Smart Cache, DMI, Hyper-Threading, Intel
Turbo Boost 2.0, Intel Virtualization (VT-x) & (VT-d) Technology - Intel C202 PCH chipset
- 4Gb ECC DDR3 1333Mhz memory
- 1 x 500Gb 3.5", 6Gb/s, 7.2K rpm SATA Enterprise HDDs
- 2 x GbE Intel Ethernet LAN ports
- Integrated Onboard Graphic Controller with VGA port
- Integrated IPMI 2.0 with Dedicated IPMI LAN port with
- 250W High Efficent PSU
- Rackmount Rail Kit included
- OS not included
- 3 Years Standard Product Warranty
If you have a better recommendations, please let me know and I will go with buy something better. If the above can be used, that's even better.
Any help from this forum? Thanks in advance.