Thread: Single Node Install error: "Errors Exist in Required Field !!!"

Hybrid View

Default Single Node Install error: "Errors Exist in Required Field !!!"

Hi team,

Today I am attempting to install a Single Node instance of Zimbra on Zimbra Collaboration Appliance 8.0, to kick off my 30 day trial period. unfortunately an odd fault is arising when stepping through the installation process through the web console. I am running this VM instance in Workstation 8.0.3

- While at the installation type selection screen i select: Single Node, then press [Begin Installation]
    - An installation form style box pops up with the following fields: Host Name, IP Address, Password, Domain, Proxy Server, Proxy Port, Please select Time Zone.
    - I input the required data into each field, insuring no tailing or preceding spaces and or illegal characters.
    - I press [Install Single node] a Message box appears "Errors Exist in Required Field !!!"
    - I press [Okay]
    - Installation form still active, I recheck for entry errors and non found, try again and same error appears "Errors Exist in Required Field !!!"

Troubleshooting:

- Power cycled appliance
    - tried different names for host name, domain and password. changed time zone.
    - checked for updates, non found.
    - searched forums, no solutions found
    - Tried Firefox and IE browsers

Anyone able to assist or Is there a workaround to perform a guided installation through the console similar to LAMP installations. or a conf file to edit to then kick of a manual installation through shell console?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by monolithcog; 09-20-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Updated troubleshooting

Just found a post from 13-09-2012 which is exactly the same fault as I am experiencing. Obviously the post is lacking detail so was hard to find.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/virtual...ion-error.html

but shows that this is 2 different isolated incidents.

Is there a forum moderator that could direct me to 2nd level support?

Thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by monolithcog View Post
    Just found a post from 13-09-2012 which is exactly the same fault as I am experiencing. Obviously the post is lacking detail so was hard to find.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/virtual...ion-error.html

but shows that this is 2 different isolated incidents.

Is there a forum moderator that could direct me to 2nd level support?

Thanks you
    Hi,

Has this problem been solved?
    I have the same problem.

I am not sure why my supportive post was not approved and removed by forum moderator, seem obstructive to me for that to happen.

My support post was pointing out the possibility of an issue with the latest build that could be downloaded as this is not an isolated case. another end user
    experiencing the same fault: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/virtual...ion-error.html

No traction on this issue wither on the first post by gendibal 13/09/2012 or by my post.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I am not sure why my supportive post was not approved and removed by forum moderator,
    Your post was awaiting approval by a moderator and was not removed.

seem obstructive to me for that to happen.
    Is that right? Your other post was made less that five hours ago, not an inordinate amount of time to wait. You do realise that moderators on these forums do this voluntarily and when they have the time. Any post in moderation will have to wait for be release, however long it takes.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yeah Obviously from the detail of my initial post I understand community run forums (not a first timer) .

Well seems to of got some attention by yourself the moderator thanks. 5hrs is actually quite a bit of time, but now i know schedule I will keep that in mind.

Thanks