Thread: Compiling source

Hybrid View

Default Compiling source

Any love or luck for freeBSD servers?
    I grabbed the source from SVN but there were no make files.
    Please help me out.

Default Search first!

Some folks have had success. Read this forum thread for details...
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default postfix woes?

Im havign problems with the postfix portion of things. First it was 1000's of gmake errors then i did some messign around and ive gotten through a few more problems. I'm not sure that where I am at now doesnt have somethign to do with what I have been trying. as things stand I am getting errors from postfix-install when it tries to do the non interactive install

postfix-install: Error: "" should be "no" or an absolute path name.
    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libsasl2.so.2" not found, required by "postconf" also comes up a number of times right before that error evne though i have ensured that the files is present with correct permissions and is in one (or at this point more) of the paths specified in the Makefile.

Anyone come across anythign similar?
    -J

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by FloydWilliams View Post
    Im havign problems with the postfix portion of things. First it was 1000's of gmake errors then i did some messign around and ive gotten through a few more problems. I'm not sure that where I am at now doesnt have somethign to do with what I have been trying. as things stand I am getting errors from postfix-install when it tries to do the non interactive install

postfix-install: Error: "" should be "no" or an absolute path name.
    /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libsasl2.so.2" not found, required by "postconf" also comes up a number of times right before that error evne though i have ensured that the files is present with correct permissions and is in one (or at this point more) of the paths specified in the Makefile.

Anyone come across anythign similar?
    -J
    We are also coming across the thousands of gmake erros from postfix. Have not solved yet and will keep posted.

I could have sworn I had nother post on this thread already with my solution.
    I needed to copy the tar.gz into the 2.2.9 directory and then perfomr a full clean build. I was buildign in a jail and made a copy of the jail at a number of stages so i coudl easily back out changes I made. Also there is no src directory under mysql so the tarball accidently got copied in as src the first time i did it so i made the directory and put the tarball into it in the future attempts. I had bad luck trying to resume a build even after putting things in order. Maybe I was just unlucky but it was easy to retry with my saved jails. I saved one of a clean make world one with all the simbra stuff before the path then all the thirdparty files in place and the patch installed ready to build.

Good luck and feel free to get in touch if you need help.