Thread: Best Design for deploy ZCS for SaaS

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Best Design for deploy ZCS for SaaS

Hi, i need deploy zimbra for too clients (domains).
    For that, i need that each client can add, delete and do other administrations tasks for just his domain.
    For it, i have 2 options:
    1. Purchase zimbra network edition
    2. Deploy a email gateway solution and Install 1 VM per Domain in my Server. But i'm not sure if that Works properly.

I'm Correct.

Definitely do i need purchase?

Greetings from Colombia.

PD: Sorry for my bad English

I'd put a small Postfix server before the two (open-source) Zimbra VM's, routing Domain1 to Server1 and Domain2 to Server2.

We did that a while ago while migrating one domain at a time from a postfix/dovecot solution to Zimbra.

Hi, thanks for the response.
    do you have a manual for setting that?
    is the best option for setting all Zimbra VM's?

thank you very much.

Greetings.

Reading the postfix documentation on transport tables will be a good start. Add a google search for "postfix mail routing" and I'm sure you'll manage to set it up

There's a manual for creating this on a Zimbra server too: Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki

But I'd advise you to set this up on a dedicated postfix VM, to prevent having to manually manage Zimbra configuration files. Especially with upgrades this can be a pain.

Ok, thank you so much. I'm reading...
    do you know if exists other corporate solution for email gateway?

Greetings.

You could also try exim or sendmail, but I have much less experience with those. Postfix really isn't that hard: here is a good tutorial for your use case: knowplace.org - SMTP Gateway for Multiple Domains with Postfix

Quote Originally Posted by Lammert View Post
    Reading the postfix documentation on transport tables will be a good start. Add a google search for "postfix mail routing" and I'm sure you'll manage to set it up

There's a manual for creating this on a Zimbra server too: Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki

But I'd advise you to set this up on a dedicated postfix VM, to prevent having to manually manage Zimbra configuration files. Especially with upgrades this can be a pain.
    Hi Lammert, I've Attempted with this link => Transport Table for external servers - Zimbra :: Wiki
    but don't works

Is neccesary more settings for internal zimbra?

I'm Very confused with this, I'm searching more options.

thanks.