Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Documents Error

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Documents Error

    A quick search didn't show anything, but I just upgraded to 4.5RC1 and I got the following error:

    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod.s etRequestContentLeng
    th(J)V
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpT ransport.java:184)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport .java:231)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke (SoapProvisioning.java:156)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAd minAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:128)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapZi mbraAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:143)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(Pr ovUtil.java:311)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 1437)
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount notebook@technicaldetails.org

    And when I try to access the documents now, I get:
    Error: Document templates missing. Please notify administrator.

    Anyone seen that before?
    Last edited by JoshuaPrismon; 12-17-2006 at 09:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
    A quick search didn't show anything, but I just upgraded to 4.5RC1 and I got the following error:

    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod.s etRequestContentLeng
    th(J)V
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpT ransport.java:184)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport .java:231)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.invoke (SoapProvisioning.java:156)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapAd minAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:128)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.soap.SoapProvisioning.soapZi mbraAdminAuthenticate(SoapProvisioning.java:143)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.initProvisioning(Pr ovUtil.java:311)
    at com.zimbra.cs.account.ProvUtil.main(ProvUtil.java: 1437)
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount notebook@technicaldetails.org

    And when I try to access the documents now, I get:
    Error: Document templates missing. Please notify administrator.

    Anyone seen that before?
    Did you find any solution for this problem? I get the same error and I was upgrading from 3.1.2_GA_445 to 4.5.1_GA_660.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venni View Post
    Did you find any solution for this problem? I get the same error and I was upgrading from 3.1.2_GA_445 to 4.5.1_GA_660.
    I found the solution. After the upgrade an old version of commons-httpclient was still located under /opt/zimbra/lib/jars (commons-httpclient-2.0.1.jar) along with the new version (commons-httpclient-3.0.jar). I deleted the old file and that fixed the problem.
    Last edited by venni; 02-09-2007 at 03:54 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venni View Post
    I found the solution. After the upgrade an old version of commons-httpclient was still located under /opt/zimbra/lib/jars (commons-httpclient-2.0.1.jar) along with the new version (commons-httpclient-3.0.jar). I deleted the old file and that fixed the problem.
    Ironically enough, I fixed that this weekend as well. I suspect it's only people who have upgraded a long way (this server has been updated all the way from the first beta) that run into it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
  2. Zimbra fails after working for 2 weeks
    By Linsys in forum Administrators
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
  3. M3 problem with shares
    By titangears in forum Users
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 12:01 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 03:59 PM
  5. Building native libraries on MacOS X
    By ajmas in forum Developers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •