Thread: zca-8.0.2.939532 multiserver installation + passwords

Default zca-8.0.2.939532 multiserver installation + passwords

We are currently evaluating 8.0.2 and I thought I'd setup a multiserver environment to simulate how we would run it for production using the vmware appliance.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but this is what is confusing me:

* When installing the ldap master, I get prompted to enter a password twice. These passwords should be identical on the master installation?
    * When installing the mailstore, I get prompted to enter a password. I enter a unique password and below I enter the password for the ldap server from above.

This will result in a bunch of invalid credentials errors, and the installation of the mailstore will fail on the ldap tasks. If I use the same password everywhere, the installation is successful. The passwords I'm using are 14-16 characters long alpha numerical.

Maybe I'm being thick, but I assumed all servers could (and should) have an unique password?

Hey Frinnst,

This is the basic problem with your understanding here.Please note that for different servers to connect to ldap they require the pass of ldap.So the master ldap pass is same everywhere.if you put unique pass ,how you are supposed to connect to Ldap?I think its now clear to you.

Regards,
    Raun

Quote Originally Posted by Raunaq View Post
    Hey Frinnst,

This is the basic problem with your understanding here.Please note that for different servers to connect to ldap they require the pass of ldap.So the master ldap pass is same everywhere.if you put unique pass ,how you are supposed to connect to Ldap?I think its now clear to you.

Regards,
    Raun
    Yes. That was obvious from the start. However, this is not my problem. When setting up the zimbra appliance you get prompted to enter the following (ldap server example):

Host Name:
    IP Address:
    Password:
    Domain:
    LDAP Host:
    LDAP Admin Password:
    SMTP Host:

Obviously i've entered the same "LDAP Admin Password: " on all servers - but i still get ldap errors during setup.
    However, If i use the same "Password: " entry on all, it works. This can't be right?