Hi

I am just in the process of evaluating Zimbra OSS version 4.0.5 after having successfully and very quickly installed on Ubuntu 6.06 thanks to the fantastic guide by pacsteel I am left with one outstanding issue.

I am just a home user with one catchall pop3 mail box with fetchmail picking up the post. I have defined a smart relay within Zimbra and the outgoing mail is working correctly through my ISP’s smtp sever. My problem is not with normal outgoing mail but with bounced mail. If I receive a message addressed to an unknown user at my domain the mail will correctly bounce but is unable to transmit a message to the original sender. I have checked the logs and see that the original senders isp is refusing the mail with the following error.

Jan 5 12:53:05 zmail postfix/smtp[10090]: 1A453D1878: to=, relay=smtp.ntlworld.com[81.103.221.11], delay=4, status=bounced (host smtp.ntlworld.com[81.103.221.11] said: 550 relaying mail to gmail.com is not allowed (in reply to RCPT TO command))

I understand that because my ip address is dynamic it would cause problems with some domains if I just chucked mail out in to the ether but I am sending my mail out through an NTL server so don’t really understand what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

Sard

Oh one last thing. Could someone confirm as to whether or not the outlook connector is available to use under the OSS license or is it purely for the commercial product? If it is available to use where would I find it?