Thread: Error bringing up web interfaces

Default Error bringing up web interfaces

Hello all. New to the forum and Zimbra in general. I have installed zimbra on a mac min OS X and I want to put it through the paces. I have it installed behind a firewall which took a bit of doing because of the DNS checks and such during installation. Right now i am running into an error attempting to log in via the web. This happens when I attempt to bring up the admin interface or the user interface and it doesn't matter whether I hit the public IP address and come back in or hit the server directly via the internal address. As I attempt to log in it appears that I get past authentication and it attempts to bring up the interface and then errors out. This was working properly and the only thing I can recall changing was a setting from the dns name to local host and back I believe. Since I can't bring up the admin interface i can't go in and check the specifics of what I changed. Any thoughts on where to check or where to look? Error below:

msg - mountpoint loop detected
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: mountpoint loop detected
    at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.TOO_MAN Y_HOPS(ServiceException.java:230)
    at com.zimbra.soap.ZimbraSoapContext.(ZimbraSoapContext.java:157)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyRequest(Docum entHandler.java:254)
    at com.zimbra.soap.DocumentHandler.proxyIfNecessary(D ocumentHandler.java:246)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.account.AccountDocumentHandl er.proxyIfNecessary(AccountDocumentHandler.java:38 )
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:259)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

code - service.TOO_MANY_HOPS
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Sender

Default Sorry about that.

To anyone reading this, DON'T CHANGE the zimbraServiceHostname attribute via the web admin interface. Bad things (like this) will happen. This has been disabled for 4.5 GA.

To fix this, try doing zmprov gs <hostname> to list the local server's attributes.
    Then do zmprov ms <hostname> zimbraServiceHostname <hostname>.
    Then restart the server.

(I'm not a zmprov expert, but that should probably work.)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Default Nice!!!!

Hot damn that worked! Thanks for the super fast response!