Hello everyone,

This all started as a DNS issue and got progressively worse as I tried to fix it, but my immediate issue is ldap will not start. I get the following error:

zimbra@mail:~/bin$ ./zmcontrol start
Host localhost
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.
Starting ldap...Done.
Failed.
ldap_url and ldap_master_url cannot be the same on an ldap replica

I realize the first line there with ldap trying to bind to locahost may be an issue. But how to I change that? I currently have users that have been using this server for about a month and cannot start over with a fresh install. I will paste some relevant info below from hosts file and other output..


zimbra@mail:~/bin$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
80.xx.xx.xx mail.xxx.com mail

root@mail:/opt/zimbra/bin# nslookup 'mail.xxx.com'
Server: 80.xx.xx.xx
Address: 80.xx.xx.xx#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: mail.xxx.com
Address: 80.xx.xx.xx

root@mail:/opt/zimbra/bin# cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 80.xx.xx.xx
nameserver 80.xx.xx.xx