Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

Default zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

I am having problem installing ZCS on macosx 10.4.8 ppc 1GB Ram and G3. My errors is with Initializing Documents.

I have checked the hostname, dns and resolv.conf. I do not know what else to do. I used the same setting on centos-4.4 and no errors, everything seems to work. However, on ppc -- I get the errors below and httpd will be running but everytime i try to connect -- no web page is seen and i get a nerror message that page not found. any help would be appreciated -- thank you very much.

when i mention centos -- that is running on amd athlon 900mhz and 496 mb ram. little slow but functional. On the other hand I am having problems with macosx. Thanks

Nick. B

*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl -l deploy zimlets/com_zimbra_url.zip

[] INFO: Deploying Zimlet com_zimbra_url in LDAP.
    [] INFO: Installing Zimlet com_zimbra_url on this host.
    [] INFO: Installing Zimlet config for com_zimbra_url
    [] INFO: Adding Zimlet com_zimbra_url to COS default
    [] INFO: Enabling Zimlet com_zimbra_url

Done

Initializing Documents...
    Getting ldap default cos attribute zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled from ldap.

Global config attribute retrieved from ldap: zimbraNotebookAccount=
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

[] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount wiki@weassemble4u.ca

[] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov in wiki@weassemble4u.ca 'TKaU4CWs' /opt/zimbra/wiki/Template Template

*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled FALSE

failed to initialize documents...see logfile for details.

*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

Restarting tomcat...
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat restart
    Last edited by nbhanji; 01-26-2007 at 08:32 AM. Reason: adding more info

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Have you tried the instructions in the wiki for enabling Documents?

Make sure that there's no firewall active and that your DNS A & MX records resolve correctly to your Zimbra server.

Waht do you mean by 'httpd wil be running', do you have apache running on this server?
    Last edited by phoenix; 01-22-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

I tried executing the first statement on wiki:

zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE

I get the connection refused error.

When I say that httpd is running -- I can connect to the web server by zimbra. tomcat keeps shutting down.

Was this ever resolved? I just upgraded and now cannot log in. http://zimbra redirects with the appropriate background colour to http://zimbra/auth and it is unable to connect so it is not a firewall or a DNS issue, which I have check anyway.

I can su zimbra but not even zmprov.

I can do nothing...

Webmin works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kent

Upgraded from which version to which version? Which operating system? What errors, if any, are in the logs? What happens when you run zmprov? Are the zimbra services running i.e. run zmcontrol status.

What's the output of the following run on the zimbra server:

Code:
    host `hostname`  <-- type as-is with backticks not single quotes
    dig yourdomain.com any 
    dig yourdomain.com mx
    Regards

Bill

Thanks for replying so quickly, Pheonix.

I am upgrading from whatever was current last December (Back then, Zimbra did not quite meet my needs and the DL360 server was driving me nuts with the noise and the power usage but I am now separating and need a way to share the four kids calendars with their mother) to 5.0 RC2 on CentOS 4.4. I used zcs-5.0.0_RC2_1745.RHEL4.20071120124154.tgz.

Output from zmcontrol status:

Host zimbra.mydomain.com
    antispam Running
    antivirus Running
    imapproxy Running
    ldap Running
    logger Running
    mailbox Stopped
    zmmailboxdctl is not running
    mta Stopped
    postfix is not running
    saslauthd is running with pid 5302
    snmp Running
    spell Running
    stats Running

Host:
    zimbra.mydomain.com has address 192.168.1.10

Dig:
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 54506
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;mydomain.com. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    mydomain.com. 38400 IN SOA zimbra.mydomain.com. kentm.mydomain.com. 1161307203 10800 3600 604800 38400
    mydomain.com. 38400 IN NS zimbra.mydomain.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    zimbra.mydomain.com. 38400 IN A 192.168.1.10

;; Query time: 2 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.1.10#53(192.168.1.10)
    ;; WHEN: Wed Nov 28 09:48:34 2007
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 113

MX:

; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> useforesight.com mx
    ;; global options: printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 53382
    ;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;mydomain.com. IN MX

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
    mydomain.com. 38400 IN SOA zimbra.mydomain.com. kentm.mydomain.com. 1161307203 10800 3600 604800 38400

;; Query time: 2 msec
    ;; SERVER: 192.168.1.10#53(192.168.1.10)
    ;; WHEN: Wed Nov 28 09:50:36 2007
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 83

Thanks,

Kent

What is in the zimbra logs, any errors? Are you saying that you upgraded from last years version of Zimbra straight to RC2? I assume there's no firewall or SElinux running?

[edit]Oh, and for some reason you seem to have no MX record in the output you've posted.
    Regards

Bill

Pheonix,

There may be no MX record because I am running this internally pulling mail from an external catch-all address.

There should be no firewalls running and moreover, it was all working prior to my upgrade. I wanted to use the built in catch-all feature as opposed to getmail or fetchmail.

I have dl'd CentOS 5 and am going to upgrade to that and if it still is not working, start from scratch. I realize I took a big jump there and have not worked on it or with Zimbra in nearly a year so I should go back to last year's documentation and slug it out again.

These are the errors in the log:

checking isEnabled zimbra-store
    zimbra-store is enabled
    COS attribute retrieved for COS default: zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled=TRUE
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount wiki@zimbra.mydomain.com
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov in wiki@zimbra.mydomain.com
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled FALSE
    Restarting mailboxd...
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailboxdctl restart
    mailboxd started.
    done.
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmupdateauthkeys
    updating zimbra.mydomain.com
    Fetching key for zimbra.mydomain.com
    Updating /opt/zimbra/.ssh/authorized_keys

Quote Originally Posted by kentm View Post
    There may be no MX record because I am running this internally pulling mail from an external catch-all address.
    You still need an MX record or postfix doesn't know how to find itself and various other bits will hiccup.

We need a valid A & MX records to work correctly and it must point to your zimbra server. If it's on the internet then it's your public IP, if you are behind a NAT device then you need the same thing but using a Split DNS to point at your LAN IP address.
    Regards

Bill

Default mailbox does not start after upgrade to 5.02

I have the same problem when tried officially released 5.0.2 update.
    Before attempting update the production system I ran a test update of a vanila 4.6.10 on RHEL4.6 that we keep for precisely this purpose.
    After upgrade the mailbox does not start.
    The install log shows this (and I have the same 'Connection refused 'when try to run zimprov manually as zimbra user).

*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mcf zimbraNotebookAccount wiki@XXX
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov in wiki@XXX

The server was fully operational befor update (with DNS, MX an other stuff properly configured.

Thanks Lord I did not try to update the production server!

Any ideas or hints on the above?
    Last edited by montyZdog; 02-04-2008 at 12:06 PM.