Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update Received Date in Folder-Listing

Quote Originally Posted by dkarp View Post
    An alternative to directly diddling the database is to add an X-Zimbra-Received header to each message with the same contents as the Date header. Do this before you re-inject the mesasges!
    That sounds nice - because it seems like I will get a new server in a couple of days - so I would install everything new - and would need to update the received date again...

But this Header-Entry is not in the mails originally received with zimbra, is it? Because I only backed up the mails and restored them with a tool named "imapsize"
    Do you have a tool for manipulating the header or do I have to write one myself?

Is it already possible to just copy the emails via IMAP from Outlook to Zimbra? Will the received date then be right?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald-Kolle View Post
    That sounds nice - because it seems like I will get a new server in a couple of days - so I would install everything new - and would need to update the received date again...

But this Header-Entry is not in the mails originally received with zimbra, is it? Because I only backed up the mails and restored them with a tool named "imapsize"
    Do you have a tool for manipulating the header or do I have to write one myself?
    No, you'll have to do this yourself. I think it'd probably be doable with a 2-line perl script.

Is it already possible to just copy the emails via IMAP from Outlook to Zimbra? Will the received date then be right?
    Copying mail from Outlook to Zimbra via IMAP should indeed set the "Received" date correctly.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Copying mail from Outlook to Zimbra via IMAP should indeed set the "Received" date correctly.
    Okay - I'll try this tonight... But I remember some problems copying from Outlook to a linux system... There were problems with "winmail.dat" - is Zimbra able to show these mails correct now? I am telling you if the dates are correct with copying from Outlook... (then I will import them all there before doing the upload to Zimbra)

Okay - I'll try this tonight... But I remember some problems copying from Outlook to a linux system... There were problems with "winmail.dat" - is Zimbra able to show these mails correct now? I am telling you if the dates are correct with copying from Outlook... (then I will import them all there before doing the upload to Zimbra)
    Okay - the received date is okay when I copy the mails from Outlook (2002) - but then a lot of HTML-Mails were not shown like they were in Outlook!
    There is a "Unknown " File in the mail, which contains formating informations (looks like this) - so this NOT really works well!

I also tried to import and copy the mails from Thunderbird - there the mails look perfekt, but the received date is wrong then :-(
    So I have to go on trying to use a script....

Default /tb hack

I also tried to import and copy the mails from Thunderbird - there the mails look perfekt, but the received date is wrong then :-(
    To use Thunderbird, please add "/tb" to the end of the username you're logging in as. In other words, if you were logging into Zimbra via Thunderbird as oswald@example.com, instead login as oswald@example.com/tb. Then do the copy to Zimbra. The dates should be correct.

To use Thunderbird, please add "/tb" to the end of the username you're logging in as. In other words, if you were logging into Zimbra via Thunderbird as oswald@example.com, instead login as oswald@example.com/tb. Then do the copy to Zimbra. The dates should be correct.
    Hey - the /tb hack worked perfekt for me! (tested with the tool "Imapsize" for backing up and restoring mails) Thanks for the help!
    Is it possible to set the "contacts" and the "mailed contacts" folders to "write enabled"? They are both read only so I cannot restore the Data with my sync-tool... Maybe this is possible in the Maintainence-Mode?

Default REST ftw

Contact folders are currently hardwired to READ-ONLY via IMAP. You can submit an enhancement request, that won't solve your immediate problem.

Instead, why not use REST to export your contacts as a .csv file and then import them into the new server?

Contact folders are currently hardwired to READ-ONLY via IMAP. You can submit an enhancement request, that won't solve your immediate problem.

Instead, why not use REST to export your contacts as a .csv file and then import them into the new server?
    REST? What is that? Well - I have the Contacts only in the IMAPSIZE (the IMAP-Sync tool I used) where they are stored as eml (I think) - It would be possible to export/store them... So the Zimbra-Contacts are not on the Zimbra-Server any more... And it seems like Outlook cannot import contacts from eml-Data :-(
    But okay - I'll try to find a possibility to get the data back in Zimbra - maybe I should try to create the contacts again in Outlook and then export them to csv for Zimbra...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

REST? What is that?
    REST overview
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by area View Post
    My client had the problem that they used Thunderbird to transfer some mail folders to Zimbra and so the "internal date" for all the emails was set to the date of the transfer (Dec 4, 2006) - see http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5141.

So I wrote a script which:
    - identifies the database for a user
    - dumps all the rows from the mail_item table (or just the rows for a specific folder)
    - reads the dumped data and locates the raw in email under /opt/zimbra/store
    - extracts the date from the raw email and converts it to yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss
    - creates an SQL update statement (converting yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss to seconds)
    - saves the SQL update statements to a file
    - shows the commands to execute the file of SQL statements
    Hi area

thanks for the great script. i used it for correct nearly 10000 mails and it worked for 9500 mail...500 of them now doesnt have a date in the received column in Zimbra....

why?