Thread: Installation on Debian.

Default Installation on Debian.

Hi. I would like to try Zimbra. I currently have Debian servers.
    I am looking to install it on new server, but implement it to current LDAP.
    Could you give me any info and recomendation how to start and what to be aware of.

If the trial will be succesful I am looking to implement it business environment.

Thank you.

I read few threads through the forum. I understand that Zimbra has to be installed together.

My question is how I can then implement Zimbra into current infrastructure. I have already server with DNS, openLDAP, Postix, etc. I can uninstall postfix and leave the service on Zimbra. But LDAP??? How can I migrate that? There is quite many users and I don't want to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by global View Post
    I read few threads through the forum. I understand that Zimbra has to be installed together.

My question is how I can then implement Zimbra into current infrastructure. I have already server with DNS, openLDAP, Postix, etc. I can uninstall postfix and leave the service on Zimbra. But LDAP??? How can I migrate that? There is quite many users and I don't want to mess it up.
    Hi Global, and welcome to the Zimbra Forums!
    Those are certainly valuable concerns. Zimbra comes with it's own MTA, AV/AS, and MySQL. It does come with it's own LDAP, but you can set the authentication to an outside source.

For example, if you are running active directory, you can have your ZCS auth to that source; however, we currently don't support provisioning through that method, ie, you have to create jdoe's account on the zcs server, but it can still auth.

We want to make it easier to intergrate into existing systems, and the external LDAP Auth Source is the best method to do this.

If you have anymore questions, please ask again. Myself, another employee or one of the moderators will answer it.

Thanks
    john