Hi All,
Hopefully someone can help point me in the right direction with this issue.

I Installed Zimbra 4.5, installation appeared successful. Started zimbra after the install [with 'zmcontrol start'] and all processes started successfully. Loaded the admin console web page. Attempted to login and failed and failed and failed and no, not because of "@mydomain.com" username stuff! I thought that prehaps I'd forgotten / mistyped [dispite a cut&paste] the password so I looked up in the wiki how to change the admin password.

The wiki said to use 'zmprov gaaa' to list the existing administrators and then another 'zmprov' command to change a password. So I ran the command which after a short wait, maybe 10 secs, the following error message is displayed:

"ERROR: account.AUTH_FAILED (authentication failed for zimbra)"

the only thing in the forums/wiki related to zmprov issues are around the certificate expiration problems but this is not the case. There is nothing in the zimbra log but there is in the Audit log:
"
2007-02-07 03:36:24,726 WARN [http-7071-Processor49] [ip=127.0.0.1;] security - cmd=AdminAuth; account=zimbra; error=authentication failed for zimbra;
"

Running "zmprov" with no arguements returns the same error.
Running "zmprov" as root returns a message to run it as the zimbra user!

So if someone could please tell me what areas of my setup I should lookup that would be great.

Best Regards,

Whiplash