I have had a couple of problems with installing Zimbra Open Source on a virtual private server. I have split this plea for help into 2 parts ('minor' and 'major')

My Specifications:
1 1 GB RAM
50 GB hard disk
3 GHZ Processor
Ubuntu 12.04 Server Minimal

The Minor Problem

After
sudo apt-get install update
sudo apt-get install netcat libidn11 libpcre3 libgmp3c2 libexpat1 libstdc++6 libperl5.14 sysstat sqlite3
wget http://files2.zimbra.com/downloads/8...1210115059.tgz
tar -zxvf zcs-8.0.2_GA_5569.UBUNTU12_64.20121210115059.tgz
cd zcs-8.0.2_GA_5569.UBUNTU12_64.20121210115059
./install.sh

The installation sequence stated that netcat-bsd was missing …OK I went back and installed it.

A bigger problem, however, happend during the install sequence. There was a message that there was a ‘conflict’ between sendmail.bin and Zimbra – MTA. I removed sendmail with sudo apt-get remove sendmail.bin so that Zimbra MTA could be installed and the installation sequence went forward.

My first question is ….IS THIS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM FOR ZIMBRA THAT I REMOVED THE SENDMAIL MODULE? IN OTHER WORDS WILL IT FUNCTION NORMALLY WITHOUT IT? (IF NOT WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?)

The ‘Bigger Problem

At the very very end of the install sequence I got this message...

Creating galsync account for default domain...Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmshutil: line 39: Error: command not found failed.

My second questions are….IS THIS A FATAL ERROR? IS THE SOLUTION TO INCREASE RAM (IF SO BY HOW MUCH)? WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO THIS ERROR IF NOT RAM?