Not sure where else to post this. When upgrading from M1 to M2, I got an error during package checking because there were multiple versions of a required package installed on my system. For example, rpm -q -a | grep fetchmail returned:

[root@mail zcs]# rpm -q -a | grep fetchmail

This resulted in the following message from ./

Checking for prerequisites...
libidn...FOUND libidn-0.5.6-1
curl...FOUND curl-7.12.3-4.fc3
fetchmail..../util/ line 262: [: too many arguments
gmp...FOUND gmp-4.1.4-3

When I removed fetchmail-6.2.5-6, the package check ran fine.

No need to respond as I have found the problem and resolved it, but wanted others who may run into this problem to have this info.