Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra not getting all messages from external POP3

Default Zimbra not getting all messages from external POP3

Hi guys,

I've been using Gmail for around 8 months, and now I switched to Zimbra. I set it to get POP3 from Gmail, everything works fine, except that it does not load all mails from Gmail. I have around 4000 mails in Gmail and Zimbra got around 1700. Right now it is getting new mails and works fine, but what about that old mails ? I don't know if it is fetchmail configuraton or it is Zimbra.

Thanks,
    Nosiath

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Zimbra should get all the mail in the box as far as I know. You have to hit the 'get mail' button for Zimbra to collect the mail, it doesn't do it automatically at the moment. Are there any errors in the zimbra log?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for your response. I think it was a setting in Gmail because I keep pressing Get Mail. I am now downloading again, let's see what happens. About the Get Mail button, is there anyway to set a cronjob and do this ? Maybe that could be a temporary fix ? Sorry if the question might be noob but I am new to linux

There's no method using the Zimbra pop aggregation to download mail on a schedule, there's a bugzilla entry for that enhancement. However, if you want to get your mail on a schedule I'd suggest using fetchmail. Is it only for you and/or a limited number of users? Using fetchmail means you have to enter the passwords for the remote mailboxes.
    Regards

Bill

Additional question : are your 4000 messages in the gmail inbox or in (sub)folders ?
    POP3 (and it's not about Zimbra's implementation) can not fetch messages that are in (sub)folders.

Thanks guys

@Phoenix: It is only for me. Is there any tutorial in the forum where I can perform this ? After configuring fetchmail do I need to set anything in zimbra ? I'd appreciate your help. That could be a temporary fix for many others meanwhile we wait for the feature to be developed.

@Klug: Gmail does not have subfolders, it uses labels, and I don't think that is a problem. Yeah I know the subfolders thing when using POP3, thanks for the clarification.

The easiest thing to do is use a product called 'webmin' to manage fetchmail, you can install it from here - it's a nice interface to all that horrible Linux command line stuff for a beginner like me. If you get that installed the fetchmail config should be self-explanatory but let us know if you need any help.
    Regards

Bill

Default read Zimbra FROM Gmail

Dear Zimbra users,
    Iím sorry if this subject has already been treated in this forum, but I couldnít find an answer to my question.

Question is: I want to fetch mails I receive on zimbra, reading them on GMAIL

The problem is I cannot find the right parameters to use in my gmail account to import mails I receive on Zimbra.
    Can some of you help me, please?

Thank u in advance

Ciao

Which product is this? Is it Zimbra Desktop or Zimbra Collaboration Server and which version?

Quote Originally Posted by PortoPotenza1 View Post
    The problem is I cannot find the right parameters to use in my gmail account to import mails I receive on Zimbra.
    Are you asking if you can read the email on a Zimbra server in your gmail account? If that's not the question please explain what you're trying to do it in more detail as I don't quite understand what you're asking.
    Regards

Bill

"ZCS Standard Web Client"
    this should be the product i use (i'm not sure where to find the version).

yes, phoenix, i was exactly asking if there's a way to read the email i receive in a zimbra server, onto my gmail account (thus fetching emails through gmail service).

i've read that Zimbra allows to read other emails account, but i haven't found how to read in gmail what i receive on zimbra.

thank you again for your support