Thread: [SOLVED] Email Templates

Default [SOLVED] Email Templates

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if am I missing something here.

In Outlook you can choose a custom-made template for an email, is such a thing possible through the Zimbra interface and if not, are there any plans as I could not find anything about this in Bugzilla.

In SugarCRM and also I think in OpenXchange, you could use documents created thorugh the Document tab as a template for an email, could this be done in Zimbra?

The reason I ask is one of my User's who I have managed to 'wheen' off of Outlook and into using the Zimbar interface needs to send a recurring email to a group of customers and this is accomplished quite easily through Outlook.

She has also found that by saving the prepared email in her Drafts folder in Outlook and forwarding it to the same list of users each time that it stays in Drafts, whereas in Zimbra and probably in most other decent Mail progs the email disappears if you forward it.
    How could I do this for her in the Zimbra interface as I don't want to give her any excuse to go back to Outlook if I can help it!

Thanks Guys

Russ

Immediate update to this request!

Although the email does indeed disappear from the Drafts folder, as I tested just before sending the last post, it doesn't disappear from the Sent folder obviously!

So I just created a folder called Templates under 'Sent' and hey presto the User now has a solution!

Mind you, the templates thing would still be nice!

Russ

Yes I know this thread is serveral months old...just solving/wrapping up when someone else linked to it...

Another idea-and link to the RFE:

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    ...grab an old email out of sent or keep something in documents to cut/paste?

Another idea: providing it's not too complicated/html etc (until we have Bug 6390 - Support formatted (html) signatures), you could make another mail identity and put it in the signature...

What your looking for -vote: Bug 14426 - Save e-mail as template option
    Bug 12449 - User interface templates
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-25-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Mike,

have voted for it.

A similar solution is to create a Templates tag and tag those sent messages that you want to be templates.

Default Possible Solution EMail Templates

Hi, the following works for us: Open IMAP Account with thunderbird. Create Folder Mail_templates (or similar). Use this folder for templates in Thunderbird. Create any Template you need. Close Thunderbird. In Zimbra you can navigate to this folder, choose any template (Mail) from this folder and right-klick -> Open as new Mail.
    You have a mail-template with empty addressfield. That's it.

docbolker

Along the same lines as the previous post... I just created a folder called Templates and sent and e-mail to myself in the format I wanted it... when I "got" it, moved it to the Templates folder. Right mouse click and Edit as New does it..

But...

It will not be un-addressed

Default Forward via "Edit as new" not working

I need to create html templates for my sales team to use.

Set a templates forward, saved a message, and hit "Edit as New". The HTML will show on the screen but when forwarded as email. The HTML is gone and only the text remains. No images.

Also, if the "draft auto-save" robot comes along it breaks the images.

When using a template from a shared resource folder, outside the end users mailbox, the email shows as "forwarded on behalf of" that resource identity.

So far, the only option I see is to add images on each email. This eliminates most of the time saving features we count on in Zimbra.

Help!!

Default Email templates suggestion

Hello,

One easy way to create email templates (like in Thunderbird for example) would be to have the possibility to move an email from the draft folder to a user defined "template" folder. Unfortunately this is not possible for the moment...
    You would create a draft as you want it and then move it to the "template" folder.
    With "Edit as new" you could send it periodically with your basis model always in the "template" folder.
    For the moment you can send you email and then move it to the "template" folder, the problem is that it keeps your attachment. You have to remember to delete it before any new sending...
    gilmar