Hi again...

Now I have my new server - a P4 2400 with 1GB Ram...
But still I have problems with starting Zimbra! :-(

Fresh debian and fresh 4.5.1 Zimbra
After six/seven days the problems began... The interface shows that mysql is not running (although I was able to connect to it!) - so I decided to upgrade to 4.5.2 - this upgrade fails starting mysql.. Well.. Okay - it was a nearly fresh install, so I decided to reinstall it completly....

Now I have a new installed debian sarge and a fresh 4.5-2 Zimbra installed. Again some problems (which I would like to be fixed!)

1st) The automatic start after a mashine reboot works well - but when I stop Zimbra and then try to start it again the tomcat is not starting! The same problem exists after an upgrade (reinstallation the same version)

2nd) Now I have an umlaut problem!!!! (only for pain-text mails!) (Is this new in the 4.5.2 (maybe 4.5.1)???) Emails from gmx with an umlaut () in the header will be shown correctly (not for all mails from an other providers!) - but the umlaute in the mail-text are displayed as "" or "ä"! That is not nice - is it?!

I don't have this problem when I send an email myself with umlaute from zimbra to a forwarded gmx account - then everything is like it should be...

The debian locale is on de_DE.
In the bash_profile is: export LANG=C
-- when I try to change anything I had often the problem that the mails were only queued and NOT delivered until I rebooted a couple of times with different locale entries... :-(

I hope anyone can help...

Greets from Germany