Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: GAL test works, but Search from user account doesn't?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    8

    Default GAL test works, but Search from user account doesn't?

    I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem.. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple-


    I've set up external auth, and external GAL, using our existing LDAP server. It's working for auth, and I can log in correctly, but the GAL is giving me trouble.

    I created users for each member of our existing LDAP server, using a script to run through ldapsearch, and use zpmrov to create the new account.
    It then does authentication from the existing LDAP server, and works great.



    When I set up the GAL, I gave it the information for the existing LDAP server, and set up the filters. The "test" option works- I can do a search for a username and get it, I can do a search for a position or e-mail address, and get that..
    I'm certain that that much is working correctly, since it gives me the full card information, not just telling me if it has found the user or not. (Ie, I can search by Job title, and get the users back, etc)




    When I log in to a client account though, and do a search, I don't get any users in the GAL- Using the find bar, with GAL selected doesn't return anyone.. No one shows up under To, when GAL is selected, even if I try a search.




    Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? Do I somehow need to tell Zimbra to use the GAL I set up for this user? Do I need to change my search?

    Any advice appreciated.
    -Colin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Looking into it further, if I type the first few letters of a username into the TO: list, in order, it works can find it.. This also works with the Find: Option.

    It doesn't find from other fiends, such as DisplayName, and it doesn't find them if I don't start at the beginning of the username.. Both of these work in the test.

    Both the Filter, and Display filter are set to the same thing-

    (|(uid=%s*)(displayName=%s*)(email=%s*)(gecos=%s*) (homePhone=%s*)(personalTitle=%s*))

    Thoughts? It's almost as if it's using a different filter here than it is set to/is for the test.
    -Colin

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default GAL test works, Search from user account doesn't

    Was a solution found for this? I am having the same issue with a test installation of 5.0.15_GA_2851.RHEL5_64 (Network Edition). Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. Can't start Zimbra!
    By zibra in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM
  3. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
  4. Services stopped working
    By lilwong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •