Thread: GAL test works, but Search from user account doesn't?

Default GAL test works, but Search from user account doesn't?

I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this problem.. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple-

I've set up external auth, and external GAL, using our existing LDAP server. It's working for auth, and I can log in correctly, but the GAL is giving me trouble.

I created users for each member of our existing LDAP server, using a script to run through ldapsearch, and use zpmrov to create the new account.
    It then does authentication from the existing LDAP server, and works great.

When I set up the GAL, I gave it the information for the existing LDAP server, and set up the filters. The "test" option works- I can do a search for a username and get it, I can do a search for a position or e-mail address, and get that..
    I'm certain that that much is working correctly, since it gives me the full card information, not just telling me if it has found the user or not. (Ie, I can search by Job title, and get the users back, etc)

When I log in to a client account though, and do a search, I don't get any users in the GAL- Using the find bar, with GAL selected doesn't return anyone.. No one shows up under To, when GAL is selected, even if I try a search.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? Do I somehow need to tell Zimbra to use the GAL I set up for this user? Do I need to change my search?

Any advice appreciated.
    -Colin

Looking into it further, if I type the first few letters of a username into the TO: list, in order, it works can find it.. This also works with the Find: Option.

It doesn't find from other fiends, such as DisplayName, and it doesn't find them if I don't start at the beginning of the username.. Both of these work in the test.

Both the Filter, and Display filter are set to the same thing-

(|(uid=%s*)(displayName=%s*)(email=%s*)(gecos=%s*) (homePhone=%s*)(personalTitle=%s*))

Thoughts? It's almost as if it's using a different filter here than it is set to/is for the test.
    -Colin

Default GAL test works, Search from user account doesn't

Was a solution found for this? I am having the same issue with a test installation of 5.0.15_GA_2851.RHEL5_64 (Network Edition). Thanks.