Thread: Cannot view global domain document

Default Cannot view global domain document

Hi,

I recently enabled the Document feature for my users at the COS level and had been using it for a few weeks. Each user would create their own Notebooks and share them out with other users who needed access to them.

Today, while figuring out how to make it easier to have globally available Notebooks, I realized that there was a feature for Documents at the domain-level. I created the domain-level Document folder and account but I have no idea how to let the users access it. It does not seem to be available at the Documents tab in the user's view. I also gave rights to all users for that particular domain to view/edit/add/delete in the global domain Document folder.

How do I enable this and let all users access this folder? Prior to enabling the Document feature at the COS level, we had been using Zimbra for quite a number of months w/o the feature until recently when curiosity got the better of me and I enabled it.

Thanks!
    Wong

There are a couple of outstanding bugs using shared Notebook, so you probably won't be able to take full advantage of domain Notebook until the next release, but here's how you do it.

1. Select Documents [beta] tab.
    2. On the left side you'll see collapsible list labeled Notebooks. Right click, then select link to shared Notebook.
    3. Fill in the fields. Email is email address of the domain notebook account. Path should be Notebook.

When you are done, you'll see a new Notebook folder in the list.

How do I force subscribe every user to this Global Notebook?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie71 View Post
    How do I force subscribe every user to this Global Notebook?

Matt
    Same question here--with all of the older and less tech savvy users at my office, a trick to "force subscribe" or add each user without them needing to accept is a must..... otherwise I am going to have serious problems getting people to use the documents feature.

Does "zmailbox createMountpoint" work for you? See schemers' contribution to thread http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...calendars.html

Somehow I assumed that global wiki@domain.com should be visible in every user account by just creating it. All this documentation about wiki notebook was confusing. Later I've found out that users should be invited by email to enable sharing of global wiki pages. And this is unacceptable way of doing this.

Now I know two things:
    1. Admin UI for Documents is broken in 4.5.9 GA - administrators should use zmmailbox for granting /Notebook privileges on wiki@domain.com account
    2. sharing wiki@domain.com /Notebook is not default - administrators should use createMountpoint --view wiki "Wiki pages" wiki@domain.com /Notebook on each and every accout to enable users to see this pages

I've had publicly viewable wiki account that I'could not delete from admin UI. Running
    Code:
    mfg /Notebook public none
    on wiki@domain.com mailbox helped deleting this grant.
    Another problem with UI is that it does not provide a way for inherited folder grants. Running
    Code:
    mfg -i /Notebook domain domain.com rwid
    on wiki@domain.com mailbox solved this problem.

Now i am running
    Code:
    createMountpoint --view wiki /wiki-pages wiki@domain.com /Notebook
    on each account to mount this folder, that I assumed it is automounted.

Hope this explanation will help somenone to bring wiki pages to light. The most distracting thing was that owner of the user's Notebook in each user account is wiki@domain.com and not the owner itself.