Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old server crashed, trying to restore, need help.

All went well until the ./zmsetup.pl
    Code:
    Setting defaults from ldap...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])
    Repeated several times.
    Showing the same UNSET options as it was before.

Reset your LDAP password.
    It's in the wiki

I get the feeling your gonna need to reset your mysql and logger passwords as well. ..but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

john

Alright, sorry for the delay, my time for the day is running short, girlfriend is gonna pull me away soon...

Anywho, I did a zmldapasswd --root newpass.

Ldap seems to be running now. What is my next step? Re-run ./zmsetup ?

yup
    -john

Woot! Well this is much further than I have been yet. Zmsetup completed, no errors. And Initializing Documents completed, which never worked on our old setup, so I'm anxious to play with that.

I was able to get the web interface. And it appears my mails are there.

However, upon login to the web interface I immediately get a "Network service error has occured"

Code:
    ssing blob for id: 575, change: 860
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: missing blob for id: 575, change: 860
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:175)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailItem.getBlob(MailItem.java:716)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.fetchFromStore(MessageCache.java:213)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MessageCache.getMimeMessage(MessageCache.java:179)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Message.getMimeMessage(Message.java:287)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ToXML.encodeMessageAsMP(ToXML.java:603)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.GetMsg.handle(GetMsg.java:75)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:262)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:162)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:84)
    	at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:223)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:162)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
    	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver
    Girlfriend tapping her foot, gotta go, I have all this running in a screen and will need to continue this tomorrow. Hopefully someone as helpful as you have been will be around. I really appreciate your timely responses and patience with a noob.

Thanks, anxious to get back to this later.

Hmmm
    Well, that's not good.
    Let's hope it's a permissions issue

su -root
    chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/store/*

If that doesn't fix it, let's try to reindex. You can do this from the admin ui.

Good luck,
    john

We got everything working now. My co-admin noticed that the store folder wasn't anywhere near the right size (only had a couple of megs in it). He re-rsync'd it to the old one and everything appears the be up. I have no idea how it got so small. Something must have cleared it out after I did the orignal full rsync of /opt/zimbra.

I am still curious if the whole restore process was basically botched because of my hosts file? Before posting I know I tried the restore with the right hosts file, but at that time I probably still had SELinux enabled. Some where along the way I copied my OLD hosts file over because Zimbra was running with it before.

Anyway, no one is reporting any missing email. I'll report back if anything strange shows up.

I appreciate your help John, I hope this thread saves someone else some headaches.

(oh, and Documents [beta] is working too! woot, new toy to play with )

Great,
    We're glad things are working!

Let us know if you need anything.

-john