Thread: Setting up of Desktop

Question Setting up of Desktop

I downloaded Zimbra 0.36 version from 'softpedia .com'. The installation of set up was done and consequently 3 icons Viz -Setup, Zimbra Desk Top and Toaster came up on my desktop screen. I opened the Desk top & tried to fill in the desktop with information sought, the first being the name of URL and then my email ID. For the URL what ever I wrote and clicked on the test button it showed an error message. I collected information about the URL for Window users as http://localhost:7633/zimbra/mail and fed in again the error message.After spending 3/4 hours in searching information, though all went in vain, I registered with the Forum and write this.
    Is there any step by step guide line? Will some expert and generous user suggest what to write on the Desk Top for URL and what other things for the Toaster?

Asit Chaudhuri

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The Zimbra Desktop is a client for the Zimbra Collaboration Suite it's not for you to access your mail on another server, do you have a Zimbra server installed?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    The Zimbra Desktop is a client for the Zimbra Collaboration Suite it's not for you to access your mail on another server, do you have a Zimbra server installed?
    Thank you Bill for the reply. But what I have downloaded and what are those I have sated. If it was not for my use then why I was asked to fill in. And there are 3 pages for Desk Top only. You cannot skip a page. Kindly see for your self. The site is - "www.softpedia.com" . The Toaster is also being loaded. All are automatically loaded. I use Windows XP, if it means anything to you.

Asit

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

softpedia is a download site, absolutely nothing to do with zimbra. go here to learn more about the zimbra desktop:
    http://www.zimbra.com/products/desktop.html

currently, you *must* run the entire zimbra server suite for this to be any use to you.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by asitchaudhuri View Post
    The Toaster is also being loaded. All are automatically loaded. I use Windows XP, if it means anything to you.
    ..... and you must connect them to a ZImbra Collaboration Suite server. Please see the details of the product at the main page: http://www.zimbra.com - Softpedia is nothing to do with Zimbra, it's merely a site that you download software from.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.