Originally Posted by ardan
The stack suggest you have an infinite loop in your file system, the question is where. There is probably a soft-link that sends you upwards in the file system to get back to the same place later on.
A "ls -lR | less" may help you find the problem ("ls" should iterate forever also).
If you can't find this, I would proceed in the following way:
- Export your LDAP database with the command:
This will preserve the very essence of your Zimbra system
su - zimbra
openldap/sbin/slapcat -f /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf -l /tmp/ldap.ldif
- Stop Zimbra and move all your /opt/zimbra to a safe place. Your data is still there!
- Rename the server to the old name. It is used to contact LDAP. It seems to work, as your tomcat is running, but you can change it later, once you get it up and running again.
- Look carefully your upgrade log to see if the MySQL data was updated. If it was, do a clean install of the new version. If it wasn't, make a clean Zimbra install using the old version.
- Verify that the new (and empty!) Zimbra works normally. If it doesn't then there is something wrong with the Zimbra SuSE distribution.
- Stop Zimbra and do a backup of the fresh installation in case you need to start all over again (for instance with:
rsync -av /opt/zimbra /somewhere/zimbra.fresh. If you need to restore it later on, you do rsync -av --delete /somewhere/zimbra.fresh/ /opt/zimbra/, do not forget the "/" at the end of the paths!).
Now comes the tricky part. To recover your data you need to copy it back to the right place in the right way. Let start with LDAP.
With the system stopped, you do:
This should restore your LDAP database. You can do "openldap/slapcat -f /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf" to verify that it works.
su - zimbra
rm -f openldap-data/*
openldap/slapadd -f /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf -l /tmp/ldap.ldif
Then you need to copy the following directories (as root):
Finally, light a black candle, kiss your right knee, jump 3 times and start Zimbra!
rsync -av --delete db/ /opt/zimbra/db/
rsync -av --delete index/ /opt/zimbra/index/
rsync -av --delete logger/db/ /opt/zimbra/logger/db/
rsync -av --delete ssl/ /opt/zimbra/ssl/
rsync -av --delete store/ /opt/zimbra/store/
rsync -av --delete conf/ /opt/zimbra/conf/