Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Zimbra with Samba

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Zimbra with Samba

    I posted this in the migration forum, but my thread borked somehow and won't show up. So here goes again:

    I followed Greg's guide in the wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nt_in_Admin_UI

    It seems that things were ok save for the part where samba is supposed to create the domain. The problem is that I'm getting an error message that "sambaDomainName=Domain,dc=company,dc=com" is an invalid DN. I tried to create the domain manually through the extended Zimbra UI through the zimlet, but am receiving the same error. Here's the exact message:

    Code:
    Apr 26 12:48:17 server slapd[21795]: do_add: invalid dn (sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com)
    Trying to add the domain manually through the Admin UI gives me the following error:

    Code:
    Message:  invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]
    Error code:  service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method:  ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    I double checked that the schemas are loaded. Is there something I'm missing? Zimbra LDAP/Store is on a separate server running FC6, Zimba MTA on FC6 as well, and I've tried installing the Samba server on FC6 and Ubuntu 6.10 to mirror the wiki, but still getting the same error.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tucson - San Francisco - Moscow
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
    I posted this in the migration forum, but my thread borked somehow and won't show up. So here goes again:

    I followed Greg's guide in the wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nt_in_Admin_UI

    It seems that things were ok save for the part where samba is supposed to create the domain. The problem is that I'm getting an error message that "sambaDomainName=Domain,dc=company,dc=com" is an invalid DN. I tried to create the domain manually through the extended Zimbra UI through the zimlet, but am receiving the same error. Here's the exact message:

    Code:
    Apr 26 12:48:17 server slapd[21795]: do_add: invalid dn (sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com)
    Trying to add the domain manually through the Admin UI gives me the following error:

    Code:
    Message:  invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]
    Error code:  service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method:  ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    I double checked that the schemas are loaded. Is there something I'm missing? Zimbra LDAP/Store is on a separate server running FC6, Zimba MTA on FC6 as well, and I've tried installing the Samba server on FC6 and Ubuntu 6.10 to mirror the wiki, but still getting the same error.

    Thanks,
    Looks like smth's wrong in LDAP, I think you PMed me about it. Which version of ZCS you are using? Can you send me /etc/samba/smb.conf, /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in and /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf ?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Thank you so much for the reply, Greg. Do you want me to e-mail you the configuration files or just paste them here?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Just an update, the configuration finally went through.

    Added a new user through the Zimbra UI. Joined the machine to the Samba Domain. Logged into the samba domain using the user I created through the UI. Works perfectly.

    However, the new problem is password synchronization. I was hoping that when users use the CTRL+ALT+DEL function to change the password, that this would affect both the Samba login password and their Zimbra account.

    Currently, using the built-in CTRL+ALT+DEL function only changes the Domain login password, while the Zimbra mail password remains the same.

    Any thoughts? Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Beaucaire, France
    Posts
    2,322
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
    Currently, using the built-in CTRL+ALT+DEL function only changes the Domain login password, while the Zimbra mail password remains the same.
    Dirty suggestion : setting up your Zimbra domain to use an external auth pointing to itself (the Samba part) ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
    Just an update, the configuration finally went through.

    Added a new user through the Zimbra UI. Joined the machine to the Samba Domain. Logged into the samba domain using the user I created through the UI. Works perfectly.

    However, the new problem is password synchronization. I was hoping that when users use the CTRL+ALT+DEL function to change the password, that this would affect both the Samba login password and their Zimbra account.

    Currently, using the built-in CTRL+ALT+DEL function only changes the Domain login password, while the Zimbra mail password remains the same.

    Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Bug or feature??

    People using fat e-mail clients will be forced to modify their POP/IMAP passwords each time they modify their windows password. For these guys a single password would be a bad idea.

    On the other hand, for people using the WebUI a single password would be the natural choice.

    IMHO the solution would be an option in the user profile to synchronize (or not) both passwords.

    Carlos

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tucson - San Francisco - Moscow
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    the real solution for synchronizing passwords is this, add the following line to smb.conf

    ldap passwd sync = yes

    that will take care of updating both Zimbra and Linux passwords when a windows passwords is changed (hint zimbra and linux passwords are stored in the same LDAP attribute)
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tucson - San Francisco - Moscow
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Dirty suggestion : setting up your Zimbra domain to use an external auth pointing to itself (the Samba part) ?
    add
    ldap passwd sync = yes
    to smb.conf. This should do it.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    8

    Unhappy Same Problem

    Hi guys,

    I follow this guide but when samba tries to register sambaDomainName i receive this error above:

    [2007/09/18 08:02:16, 0] smbd/server.c:main(847)
    smbd version 3.0.23c-2.el5.2.0.2 started.
    Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2006
    [2007/09/18 08:02:16, 1] lib/smbldap_util.c:add_new_domain_info(188)
    add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn= sambaDomainName=TEST,dc=xpto,dc=com
    with: Invalid DN syntax
    invalid DN
    [2007/09/18 08:02:16, 0] lib/smbldap_util.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(249)
    smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for TEST failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

    I don't known what is happen, anybody can help me??

    Thks

    Bruno Bandeira

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maldives
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Error:do_add: invalid dn (cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com)

    Hi,

    This is my first post, I am setting up a Zimbra (Version 5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8.FOSS Mar 3, 2009) on Ubuntu Server 8.04, experimental! Everything went smooth until adding the user from Zbra Admin.

    I am following this
    UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki

    and

    Zimbra Integration With Samba - Ubuntu Based (Similar To AD And Exchange) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

    Yes, I did edit the sldap.conf.in

    But I get the following error when adding!

    Code:
    Message: invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN] Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: CreateLDAPEntryRequest Details:soap:Sender
    plus syslog show the following

    Code:
    Apr  4 14:21:53 vistabox slapd[18420]: do_add: invalid dn (cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com)
    I have struggled with this for two days now, browsed the web endlessly, and would appreciate some help!

    Attached find the samba.conf, slapd.conf & slapd.conf.in

    Thanks in advance
    Yusuf
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
  2. dspam logrotate errors
    By michaeln in forum Users
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
  3. huge log size
    By rmvg in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 09:39 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 06:39 AM
  5. FC3 Install and no zimbra ?
    By aws in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •