Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra with Samba

Default Zimbra with Samba

I posted this in the migration forum, but my thread borked somehow and won't show up. So here goes again:

I followed Greg's guide in the wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nt_in_Admin_UI

It seems that things were ok save for the part where samba is supposed to create the domain. The problem is that I'm getting an error message that "sambaDomainName=Domain,dc=company,dc=com" is an invalid DN. I tried to create the domain manually through the extended Zimbra UI through the zimlet, but am receiving the same error. Here's the exact message:

Code:
    Apr 26 12:48:17 server slapd[21795]: do_add: invalid dn (sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com)
    Trying to add the domain manually through the Admin UI gives me the following error:

Code:
    Message:  invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]
    Error code:  service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method:  ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    I double checked that the schemas are loaded. Is there something I'm missing? Zimbra LDAP/Store is on a separate server running FC6, Zimba MTA on FC6 as well, and I've tried installing the Samba server on FC6 and Ubuntu 6.10 to mirror the wiki, but still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by antonmb View Post
    I posted this in the migration forum, but my thread borked somehow and won't show up. So here goes again:

I followed Greg's guide in the wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...nt_in_Admin_UI

It seems that things were ok save for the part where samba is supposed to create the domain. The problem is that I'm getting an error message that "sambaDomainName=Domain,dc=company,dc=com" is an invalid DN. I tried to create the domain manually through the extended Zimbra UI through the zimlet, but am receiving the same error. Here's the exact message:

Code:
    Apr 26 12:48:17 server slapd[21795]: do_add: invalid dn (sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com)
    Trying to add the domain manually through the Admin UI gives me the following error:

Code:
    Message:  invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: sambaDomainName=COMPANY,dc=company,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]
    Error code:  service.INVALID_REQUEST
    Method:  ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    Details:soap:Sender
    I double checked that the schemas are loaded. Is there something I'm missing? Zimbra LDAP/Store is on a separate server running FC6, Zimba MTA on FC6 as well, and I've tried installing the Samba server on FC6 and Ubuntu 6.10 to mirror the wiki, but still getting the same error.

Thanks,
    Looks like smth's wrong in LDAP, I think you PMed me about it. Which version of ZCS you are using? Can you send me /etc/samba/smb.conf, /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf.in and /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf ?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

Thank you so much for the reply, Greg. Do you want me to e-mail you the configuration files or just paste them here?

Just an update, the configuration finally went through.

Added a new user through the Zimbra UI. Joined the machine to the Samba Domain. Logged into the samba domain using the user I created through the UI. Works perfectly.

However, the new problem is password synchronization. I was hoping that when users use the CTRL+ALT+DEL function to change the password, that this would affect both the Samba login password and their Zimbra account.

Currently, using the built-in CTRL+ALT+DEL function only changes the Domain login password, while the Zimbra mail password remains the same.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Currently, using the built-in CTRL+ALT+DEL function only changes the Domain login password, while the Zimbra mail password remains the same.
    Dirty suggestion : setting up your Zimbra domain to use an external auth pointing to itself (the Samba part) ?

Just an update, the configuration finally went through.

Added a new user through the Zimbra UI. Joined the machine to the Samba Domain. Logged into the samba domain using the user I created through the UI. Works perfectly.

However, the new problem is password synchronization. I was hoping that when users use the CTRL+ALT+DEL function to change the password, that this would affect both the Samba login password and their Zimbra account.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Bug or feature??

People using fat e-mail clients will be forced to modify their POP/IMAP passwords each time they modify their windows password. For these guys a single password would be a bad idea.

On the other hand, for people using the WebUI a single password would be the natural choice.

IMHO the solution would be an option in the user profile to synchronize (or not) both passwords.

Carlos

the real solution for synchronizing passwords is this, add the following line to smb.conf

ldap passwd sync = yes

that will take care of updating both Zimbra and Linux passwords when a windows passwords is changed (hint zimbra and linux passwords are stored in the same LDAP attribute)

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Dirty suggestion : setting up your Zimbra domain to use an external auth pointing to itself (the Samba part) ?
    add
    ldap passwd sync = yes
    to smb.conf. This should do it.

Unhappy Same Problem

Hi guys,

I follow this guide but when samba tries to register sambaDomainName i receive this error above:

[2007/09/18 08:02:16, 0] smbd/server.c:main(847)
    smbd version 3.0.23c-2.el5.2.0.2 started.
    Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2006
    [2007/09/18 08:02:16, 1] lib/smbldap_util.c:add_new_domain_info(188)
    add_new_domain_info: failed to add domain dn= sambaDomainName=TEST,dc=xpto,dc=com
    with: Invalid DN syntax
    invalid DN
    [2007/09/18 08:02:16, 0] lib/smbldap_util.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(249)
    smbldap_search_domain_info: Adding domain info for TEST failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

I don't known what is happen, anybody can help me??

Thks

Bruno Bandeira

Default Error:do_add: invalid dn (cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com)

Hi,

This is my first post, I am setting up a Zimbra (Version 5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8.FOSS Mar 3, 2009) on Ubuntu Server 8.04, experimental! Everything went smooth until adding the user from Zbra Admin.

I am following this
    UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki

and

Zimbra Integration With Samba - Ubuntu Based (Similar To AD And Exchange) | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

Yes, I did edit the sldap.conf.in

But I get the following error when adding!

Code:
    Message: invalid request: createLDAPEntry invalid name: cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN] Error code: service.INVALID_REQUEST Method: CreateLDAPEntryRequest Details:soap:Sender
    plus syslog show the following

Code:
    Apr  4 14:21:53 vistabox slapd[18420]: do_add: invalid dn (cn=,ou=groups,dc=vistamaldives,dc=com)
    I have struggled with this for two days now, browsed the web endlessly, and would appreciate some help!

Attached find the samba.conf, slapd.conf & slapd.conf.in

Thanks in advance
    Yusuf
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-04-2009 at 03:50 PM.