Thread: I am lost (products, integration with CRM etc)

Default I am lost (products, integration with CRM etc)

Hi all,

I am trying to understand what Zimbra is. I have looked at the demo which is impressive and it even seems that there is an integration with salesforce.

The thing is, can you only install and use the whole package or can you also easily use just one part of the package lets say the mail part?

And if so, how do you split the Zimbra package to only use that what you need?

Furthermore I would like to have some ideas of how to integrate Zimbra with another CRM package just like salesforce. Where to start, what are the difficulties and are there any documents regarding integration?

In addition I am wondering if all code is completely open source in order to change whatever you want?

Finally I would like to know how to proceed with an install. I have a shared server on which I can freely install products so I guess it should be possible for me to install it on that server.

Summary of questions:
    1) Do you have to install the whole package or can you install also just mail.
    2) If so how do you split the zimbra package ending up just with what you need.
    3) How do you integrate zimbra (or parts) with other CRM packages like has been done with salesforce at the moment.
    4) Is all code completely open source so that you can change whatever you want.
    5) How to install zimbra on a server.

Any addition info will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmanagement View Post
    Hi all,
    Hi

Summary of questions:
    1) Do you have to install the whole package or can you install also just mail.
    Well, yes and no. You do need certain things, like the store, and postfix, but you can take out other things like the AV and Zimlets.
    2) If so how do you split the zimbra package ending up just with what you need.
    That would depend on what you want to split out.
    3) How do you integrate zimbra (or parts) with other CRM packages like has been done with salesforce at the moment.
    Salesforce is currently the only known supported CRM. Users have posted about others, but nothing has been done to date. Here's the Salesforce wiki page:
    http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Salesforce.com
    4) Is all code completely open source so that you can change whatever you want.
    Open Source as released on the ZMP, a modified version of the Mozilla Public License. Just like Mozilla, Open Source users may not modify any logos or landing pages.
    5) How to install zimbra on a server.
    http://www.zimbra.com/docs/os/latest...erver_install/

Any addition info will be highly appreciated.
    Just don't forget to search when you have a question

Thanks for your info so far.

I do use the search options but I was just confused at some points. Now I have some things to search for