Centos 5 Install Guide
How to Install Zimbra 4.5 on CentOS5
Version 1.2 Written by Neil McCauley
Flightcore IT Services | Your Total Solution Provider
Here are the steps required to successfully install zimbra 4.5 on CentOS5. The system will work perfectly even after its rebooted (no MTA errors). I have used these steps to install zimbra on three servers and all work perfectly. I hope this guide will save others the time of hunting around forums. Also it’s a good idea to have the A records and MX records setup before you start the installation.
1. Install Centos5 from DVD or CDROM configure the entire disk
2. Configure your Fully Qualified Hostname, IP address and Gateway, DNS details
3. Setup your root password
4. Setup the software. Select Server only and Customize Now
Select only the following components:
Text base Internet
5. The system will now install and will required CDs 1-6.
6. Once the system reboots disable firewall and SElinux.
7. Make sure your /etc/hosts file has the line:
IP address FQDN hostname (i.e. 188.8.131.52 mail.domain.com mail).
8. Reboot the system (for changes to take effect).
9. Then run yum update to my sure your system is fully up to date.
10. Reboot the system.
11. Next remove sendmail by running yum remove sendmail.
12. Next install some required files by running the following command:
yum install openssl097a compat-libstdc++-296 compat-libstdc++-33.
yum install compat-db (to Get Spell Server to Start)
13. Edit the /etc/sudoers and comment out “defaults requiretty” (put # in front of it).
14. Edit the /etc/sysconfig/i18n and delete the line LANG=”en_US.UTF-8”.
15. Reboot the system.
16. Then run yum install fetchmail.
17. Run the command setup then system services and un-tick the following services.
Exim (If left running will block port 25)
18. Reboot the system.
19. Login and change directory to /var/tmp.
20. Download the Zimbra software wget http://download.location/zcs-4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4.gz.
21. Uncompress the download tar xzvf zcs-4.5.5_GA_838.RHEL4.gz.
22. Change directory to zcs.
23. Start the installation by running ./install.sh and follow the on screen instructions.
added yum install compat-db (to Get Spell Server to Start)
Sticking the thread.
Will be that it functions of version 64 of CentOS 5 x86_64 ?
This guide has been designed for the x86 version have not tested on the 64
Ok… I go to test then and return
Originally Posted by demminal
/opt/zimbra/httpd-2.0.54/bin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I did the install and didnt install the spell server and all works fine.
do the install again and dont install the spell server.
If a service doesn't start after installation it's usually a sign of a problem (usually DNS). Are the DNS A & MX records correct, is the hosts file correct? I installed Zimbra on CentOS5 (32bit) the minute it came out and I didn't have any problems with starting any of the services. And the obvious question in your case, did you install the missing library?
[/edit]In fact, that library is provided by compat-db - is that installed?
All i can say is follow the instructions correctly in the guide and setup correct MX and A records.
Then run the zimbra setup and follow there instructions and you will have a fully working system.
I had the same issue, I asked here and was told to search the forums (which did not help much...)
Originally Posted by aabreu2005
So I opted to install without the spell checker.
PS: whats the use of step #14 ?