Thread: Other services question

Default Other services question

Hey All!

This product looks amazing and I would really love to get it setup for my own personal use. However my problem is servers.

I have one server and one IP.

I need to host personal web pages and mysql databases and have full control over Apache on the server.

I read a few posts about using mod_jk and mod_proxy to get this acomplished but I've had no luck in making this work.

Currently I have Zimbra installed and running properly on the server. I then followed the instructions on setting up mod_jk ( Using Tomcat with Apache (mod jk) - ZimbraWiki ). When I go to start apache (/etc/init.d/apache2 start) I get an error:

Code:
    /usr/sbin/apache2: /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/lib/libsasl2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libldap_r.so.2)
    Why does Zimbra affect my /usr/sbin/apache2 copy of apache?

Am I going to have a similar problem when I go to startup mysql? (or port conflicts)

Any info is very much appreciated....I really want to use this product and am willing to hack it out a bit to get there...

Ok! So aside from mysql client checking /tmp for the socket instead of /var/lib/mysql I have a second instance of mysql running on the server.

I still get that sasl error when trying to start apache and can't for the life of me figure out where its getting that from? I've tried re-installing apache2 on my system and also checking my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to ensure it points to /usr/lib....no luck...

Any suggestions? I'm sooooo close!!!!

well I'm totally stuck...I know this has to do with symbol versioning in Apache2 or the lib environmental variable being hijacked somehow but can't figure out for the life of me how to get it back...

I could really use some help...

*DING* *DING* *DING*

Got it:

comment out zimbra entries in /etc/ld.so.conf. run 'ldconfig'. start apache. uncomment zimbra entries in ld.so.conf. run zimbra. you can do this in the apache init script.'

Thanks to dijichi2

Is it really ok to commet out zimbra entry there? Will it break any zimbra functions?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

'fixing'/hacking the apache init script is a cleaner solution. if you change ld.so.conf, it will have consequences.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...he-zimbra.html