Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed Admin Login

Default Failed Admin Login

Going through the samba / zimbra integration and running into an admin issue. Once I hit the samba step to login and create the domain, the login page comes up but then just hangs rather than logging me into zimbra admin. I am getting a createLDAPEntry system failure error in the mail log. Any ideas what I may have done wrong. I can start posting configs if that would help

Welcome to the forums!
    Can you please post the mailbox.log exception?
    Thanks
    john

Default More Info

Sorry, should have given more info

Running RHE with everything on a single server (I did see it is suggested to split the samba / zimbra servers up but for now this will have to do). Zimbra 4.5, Samba 3.0.25a. Up to the step of logging into the admin to create the samba domain from the wiki

It appears that authentication is happening at least because if I type in the wrong password, I get the invalid password error. Once I have a valid login - there is the exception behind the scene and in the front end I get a javascript error in IE line 158 char 9 "Expected Identifier, string or number". and then line 22301 Exception thrown and not caught
    The errors:

at com.zimbra.ldaputils.CreateLDAPEntry.createLDAPEnt ry(CreateLDAPEntry.java:69)
    at com.zimbra.ldaputils.CreateLDAPEntry.handle(Create LDAPEntry.java:45)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:270)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:168)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:90)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; remaining name 'ou=groups,dc=hfc,dc=com'
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.jav a:3010)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2931)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2737)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_createSubcontext(LdapC tx.java:770)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_cre ateSubcontext(ComponentDirContext.java:319)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :248)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.createSubcontext(PartialCompositeDirContext.java :236)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.createSub context(InitialDirContext.java:178)
    at com.zimbra.ldaputils.CreateLDAPEntry.createSubcont ext(CreateLDAPEntry.java:89)
    ... 24 more

Default Sorry, little more info

This appears to strictly be an admin side issue as I can login to the client side without an issue. Thank you in advance

I had the same problem. I think it was caused by me not having the LDAPutils installed before I installed the zimbrasamba zimlet. I had to reinstall zimbra to fix it.

Default ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension - what for?

Hi everybody,

I know ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension package's used to:

- LDAPEntry;
    - CreateLDAPEntry;
    - DeleteLDAPEntry;
    - ModifyLDAPEntry;
    - GetLDAPEntries;
    - [...].

And when I compiled this package that exported to "/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbraldaputils/zimbraldaputils.jar".
    But I don't know 'zimbraldaputils.jar' is used for what?
    I've tried to know how does it work in ZimbraMail?

I stoped ZimbraMail by: zmcontrol stop
    and then, I move 'zimbraldaputils.jar' to other place! So now, in "/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbraldaputils/" folder is empty.

I start ZimbraMail by: zmcontrol start

Then, I login to my admin account! Create a new account, change it's password, refresh and open new tab on browser, login ZimbraMail with this account... and successful.

You can explain 'ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension' package or 'zimbraldaputils.jar' is used for what in ZimbraMail?
    Thanks a lot!

Default ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension - what for?

Can you help me about this problem?

Good luck in everything!

i can't help much here, except to say I had an ldap error somewhat
    similar, though not identical.

Oddly, a reboot fixed the problem. Generally, doing a reboot is not
    the answer to all unix administration questions, but in this case,
    it might be worth a shot since it's a new install.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoi View Post
    Hi everybody,

I know ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension package's used to:

- LDAPEntry;
    - CreateLDAPEntry;
    - DeleteLDAPEntry;
    - ModifyLDAPEntry;
    - GetLDAPEntries;
    - [...].

And when I compiled this package that exported to "/opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbraldaputils/zimbraldaputils.jar".
    But I don't know 'zimbraldaputils.jar' is used for what?
    zimbraldaputils.jar is the jar file produced by ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension. In other words, ZimbraLDAPUtilsExtension is a project, and zimbraldaputils.jar is the binary.

I've tried to know how does it work in ZimbraMail?
    This extension adds the aforementioned SOAP calls to urn:zimbraAdmin namespace on port 7071. Therefore, it can be user in ZimbraAdmin, but not in ZimbraMail.

I stoped ZimbraMail by: zmcontrol stop
    and then, I move 'zimbraldaputils.jar' to other place!...
    Do not do this - this does not make sense, seriously zimbraldautils.jar has to reside in /opt/zimbra/lib/ext/zimbraldaputils/ folder, and has to be owned by root and mod 444. Also, unless you are building ZCS community edition from source code, you should not be replacing zimbraldaputils.jar at all, because starting with version 5.0 zimbraldaputils.jar is included in the distro.

Greg
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool

Quote Originally Posted by carlsanders View Post
    i can't help much here, except to say I had an ldap error Oddly, a reboot fixed the problem. Generally, doing a reboot is not
    the answer to all unix administration questions, but in this case,
    it might be worth a shot since it's a new install.
    It could be that slapd was hung and LDAP database was cached in memory until reboot.... that's a possible explanation.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!
    P.S.: don't forget to vote on this bug
    add Samba LDAP entries to Exchange Migration Tool