Thread: Can't login to any web panel!

Default Can't login to any web panel!

Hi,

After having zimbra running ok for a few weeks. now i cant login into the control panel (admin or user) firefox states: cant establish connection. i tried a netstat -a but cant see any of the zimbra ports, tried netsat -a | grep 7071 that returns nothing. has my server been hacked!!.

zmcontrol status reports everything but tomcat. i have restarted the server and tried to start tomcat but no joy. i was just bout to put this out live and this happens!. any help anyone?.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Post some details of Zimbra version, operating system, what's in the catalina.out or the logs?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Running Zimbra 4.5.5 OSS on Ubuntu

Attached catalina log
    Last edited by derr1ck; 09-26-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Angry

Ok, so i tried re-installing, now i get some slap_open_listener error failed to start slapd !! (YEAH I'M GONNA GET SLAP SOON IF THIS AINT FIXED!). this server was working perfectly, now i'm back to square one with this damn thing!. And the minute it fell over was when i had to do presentation on how GREAT zimbra is and EASY to maintain (Once you have it running of course )

THIS THING IS KILLING ME

zimbra tech got a remote support dept?

Quote Originally Posted by derr1ck View Post
    Ok, so i tried re-installing, now i get some slap_open_listener error failed to start slapd !! (YEAH I'M GONNA GET SLAP SOON IF THIS AINT FIXED!). this server was working perfectly, now i'm back to square one with this damn thing!. And the minute it fell over was when i had to do presentation on how GREAT zimbra is and EASY to maintain (Once you have it running of course )
    It might help if you posted some details of the error message(s) you're seeing.

According to the log detail you posted earlier there is something running on port 110:

Code:
    Zimbra server reserving server socket port=110 bindaddr=null ssl=false
    Fatal error: terminating: PrivilegedServlet init failed
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    There's a tutorial here on installing Zimbra on Ubuntu, have a look at it and follow it. BTW, which version of Ubuntu is it?

Quote Originally Posted by derr1ck View Post
    zimbra tech got a remote support dept?
    Yes, we have. If you want to purchase the Network Edition you can use it.

Oh, and if you've got an LDAP error after installation the you most likely have a DNS problem. DO you have a local DNS server with correct DNS A & MX records set?
    Regards

Bill

I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 server and A,MX records should be ok as it was working ok before, I think someone has installed our service helpdesk software on here recently without telling me that may have affected it. how can i check whats running on the ports?

Running
    Code:
    lsof -i :110
    should tell you what's got it - kill it and try to start Zimbra. Can't you check what services are starting at boot?
    Regards

Bill

Ok, restarted from scrtach installed Ubuntu 6.10 server, reset my dns settings and now I get a completed install but my admin account is set to admin@mail.MYDOMAIN.co.uk how do i change this for all email i want going to user@MYDOMAIN.co.uk ?. also if i want collect pop or imap email for another domain like user@MYDOMAIN1.com do I just setup the domain in the admin panel?. hey i'm probably answering my own questions, but thought i'd check before I stuff up the install again. Also is any way to have the mail auto delivered as aposed to clicking get mail everytime?

ONE LAST THING............... anyone got rsync backup script working for zimbra?

Zimbra support ROCKS! (Thanks guys)

If you wanted the domain to be mydomain.co.uk you should have set it during the install, it asks you if you want to create a domain name just before it commits the final install.

You can make the changes by creating another domain and setting it as the default then adding the addresses to that domain as an alias. The easiest solution might be to uninstall and then reinstall and when you get to the final menu set the correct domain name.

Please search the forums and wiki for some information on doing a backup.
    Regards

Bill